Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Caribbean Visa Denial - Recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Royal Caribbean Visa Denial - Recon?

Hey, all. I am going on a 9-day cruise next month with Royal Caribbean, so I decided to try and get the Royal Caribbean credit card for the perks for not only future cruises, but for the $100 onboard credit they offer. Sadly, I was instantly denied.

I do have 2 credit cards with Bank of America already (a combined $5000 limit), so would it be possible to recon this denial and ask if they could close the 2 other accounts and combine them with an approved Royal Caribbean card? Is this even possible or advisable?

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Royal Caribbean Visa Denial - Recon?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, all. I am going on a 9-day cruise next month with Royal Caribbean, so I decided to try and get the Royal Caribbean credit card for the perks for not only future cruises, but for the $100 onboard credit they offer. Sadly, I was instantly denied.

I do have 2 credit cards with Bank of America already (a combined $5000 limit), so would it be possible to recon this denial and ask if they could close the 2 other accounts and combine them with an approved Royal Caribbean card? Is this even possible or advisable?

Thank you

You can try..

BofA:  866-618-4585 (Sr Credit Analyst)

Assume since you have 2 cards with 5k you might be at your limit with BofA for credit?  What is your Experian FICO score?  Signature card is 5k min and that appears to be the Royal Carribean that you applied for.. Call and see what they can do for you.  I believe that is the right number I gave you if not they will transfer you.. That is the one for existing card members.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.

Experian FICO: 714

I have 2 cards with BofA, one at $1500 and another at $3500.

I have some other high limit cards (PNC Visa $12k, Marvel MC $7.8k, and AMEX BC $6k) since I know some banks are nervous about being the first to issue someone a higher ($5k+) limit.

Message 3 of 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Stop by a branch tomorrow and have the branch manager call in to see what he can do to help you

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.