Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SCT question

After reading the SCT threads, I decided to apply for Wayfair. I got approved for $750 and only had to enter the last 4 of my SSN. Not the whole thing. This is what I was told to expect and it would only be a soft pull.

Perhaps Im a bit paranoid, but has someone done this and can you verify for me that it will not adversly effect my credit score?

Also, how do they report to the CB if they only have the last 4?

thanks,

Brew

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT question

I don't have the wayfair one but I did use the SCT with overstock which is also comenity and there was never a hard pull for me

As for the second part I never really thought about that, I'm just speculating here but they do have your name and address and everything and as far as I know they do a soft pull so they have access to your CR in some manner, I'd leave this part to somebody with a lot more than my extremely limited knowledge though haha I'm definitely not the expert here
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. Thank you. But, you do see it on your credit report as normal, correct?
Message 3 of 9
peghede
Valued Contributor

yeah they do report to cb even that you enter only last 4 numbers of ss.

when i got mines they only ask for last 4 ss, and course was sp.

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You can still get hp from Comenity even if you only supply last 4. Many people here make the mistake of assuming giving only last 4 will end in a sp when many recent posts prove otherwise. With SCT its better to expect a hp and be happy when its not.
Message 5 of 9
peghede
Valued Contributor

they never hp me when i app for cc and using only last 4.

also they never hp me for cli (course im on iceee) so i would not know if they tried to hp.lol

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep it's been showing up on my CR like normal since I got it (i can't remember how long it initially took to show up but it wasn't more than a month), and they've regularly reported to all 3 bureaus every month

Depending on where I'm looking at my credit report it'll sometimes show under regular revolving credit card accounts, or other times as a retail account, but it's always on there somewhere for me
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get hard pulls from sct. I got one from Williams Sonoma. I have did the trick several times & that one was the only hp.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I obtained the Wayfair card via SCT (was making an actual purchase and got the pop up). Had to verify name, addy, and ss# when I activated the card after receiving it. Was a SP to get and several cli's have all been SP.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.