Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUB 600 APPROVALS?

tag
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: SUB 600 APPROVALS?

How long have you had the 3 secured cards? Do any of your baddies report monthly still?

You may want to wait 6 months with the 3 cards then apply for a cap 1 card your scores should have improved by then.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mayn wrote:

Just curious if anyone has gone for it and applied for a "real" cc and got approved for it with scores below 600?  I would assume it would be something like a cap 1 card. And what were your scores?

Capital one seems to be pretty consistent about this lately.

Give it a shot!

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was from credit karma.
Message 13 of 30
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

No prime family cards Smiley Sad

All of the cards in my sig I got with 580's scores.  Judgements, collections, chargeoffs and no current tradelines when I applied.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@japakar wrote:

No prime family cards Smiley Sad

All of the cards in my sig I got with 580's scores.  Judgements, collections, chargeoffs and no current tradelines when I applied.

Good work on those Cap1's!

I had almost considered giving CreditOne another look at one point when I was below 600 but they blacklisted me for a C/O way back when.

I had 3 C/O's total, CreditOne for $340/500, CapOne for $400/750 and BoA for $600/2,000.

I settled the BoA one but I'm still Blacklisted.

Capital One let me back in after 3yrs (I could have tried sooner, I just didn't though since I still had my AMEX which had my highest CL)

I didn't settle the CreditOne and am Blacklisted.

They all stopped trying to collect as of about 2yrs ago since the SOL here is 4yrs, plus they're all due to fall off in 6-9mos depending if the CRAs take their sweet time doing so.

Message 15 of 30
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Yeah I have a 1100 charge off for Cap1, shows as a restricted account on my web login.  Still have to pay that judgement off.

Did not expect them to give me an account Smiley Happy

Too bad creditone blacklisted you, so far they;ve been an ok company to work with for me.

Sounds like your reports are almost back to good condition!  that is awesome, worst part of working on the credit is waiting for  things to fall off the reports.

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@japakar wrote:

Yeah I have a 1100 charge off for Cap1, shows as a restricted account on my web login.  Still have to pay that judgement off.

Did not expect them to give me an account Smiley Happy

Too bad creditone blacklisted you, so far they;ve been an ok company to work with for me.

Sounds like your reports are almost back to good condition!  that is awesome, worst part of working on the credit is waiting for  things to fall off the reports.

Almost!

I hold CapOne in high regard because they will take a chance on damaged credit, even if you used them to damage it in most cases.

Some of their policies are a little quirky, like with the CLI's, but what are you gonna do.

They're a good step up from the usual scum lender fee harvesters that also accept people with low scores.

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would let your account age, don't keep balances- let FICO do its thing.  If you app- just try the prequal sites first.. 

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would let your account age, don't keep balances- let FICO do its thing.  If you app- just try the prequal sites first.. 

+1

I had both the Cap1 Plat and Cap1 Quicksilver1 show up on the pre-approval offer page, scores in 550-595 range at the time, 1 Collection, 11 Student loan baddies (late pays), 1 auto charge off from 2009.  Apped and approved for both 6 months apart (Jan 14, June 14) and both are in the credit steps program - pay your bill on time each month and get auto cli at 6 months.

If the pre-approval is only showing secured, I would wait a bit more just to increase chances of success.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to help someone  with info and ya get picked on cause you  use cap lock. Lmao. 

Anyway, you can go  to whogavemecredit and see what cards people have, scores, cra pulled ect. 

Next time I'll have to remember the  cap lock/grammar/font size police are  on duty. 

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.