Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUV Needs Some Repairing

tag
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

SUV Needs Some Repairing

I have a vehicle that needs to be repaired (thank God I have a back up vehicle) however, I really want to get this vehicle repaired as we use this one for traveling out of town.  The estimates for the repair range between $1,500-$2,500.  I didn't want to pay that much out of pocket in cash.  If possible, I would love to get an automotive card that will help finance these expenses.  My current FICO scores are:  Equifax 612  Experian  651 TransUnion  672.  I have no collections.  I have 2 lates showing on Equifax and TransUnion....both are student loans from 2008 and are 60-day lates which have since been paid and closed and I've sent letters asking if they would update the 60-day lates, but no go.  Any advice other than Car One Credit? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: SUV Needs Some Repairing

Do you have any other cards you could use?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 8
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

No

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about cap1 ?

Message 4 of 8
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

I have two Cap1 cards but the limits are $800 and $1500.  The place where I may get my vehicle repaired is listed under Synchrony Financial so I thought about apping for financing when I arrived there.  I figured I would have a better chance once they put in the cost of repairs & labor.

Message 5 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

worth a shot if you can spare the HP

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes try it! 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree... If it is a card you intend to keep long tem then go for it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.