Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCHRONY Verification Fail.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SYNCHRONY Verification Fail.

Hi , I applied for E Bates visa, with the fico score of 771, (TU), At the end i got the message to call with the reference number. When i called the verification dept. rep wanted to verify me by sending a text on my cell number. But she said she can not use my cell number to verify me , she can not use that number, and IF i have any other numbers, I gave her my home phone number, but once again after putting number into her system it did not allow her to verify me with that number.

So she said i will get some letter in the mail in 7-10 days.

Just wanted to know whats up with this phone number thing with Synchrony. They dont ask verification questions like other creditors do to verify its you.

I just wasted a hard pull. Smiley Sad

edit: I have Lycamobile pre paid service, and my home phone is Voip service thru my cable company. both under my name.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SYNCHRONY Verification Fail.

i had this same issue and the letter that came stated they couldnt verify identity. that was for a cli though. i had a fraud alert on file when i applied for lowes but they called in to some number and they did ask verification questions. i wish i could be more help

Message 2 of 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: SYNCHRONY Verification Fail.

This whole text verification thing is a weird.  I didn't have any issues with them sending a text but, I'm sure a whole lot less people use Google as their cell provider than Lyca.  If anything the letter coming should verify that they have the right address for you and that should match your CR's and if need be they should accept a DL / Utility bill for verification.  Don't give up since you already took the HP and get your new card!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.