Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second nfcu denial

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Second nfcu denial

I have a nfcu rewards card with a 15k and a cloc of 15k for over 7 months now
I applied for a second card and was not approved just got the letter for the reason is
Request exceeds maximum unsecured loan limit (primery)
Am still good with the cli shot for the first card after all this in may ?
In any case will this effect me getting the CLI on
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Second nfcu denial

I think it's time to grab a frosty cocktail and plant your butt on the beach for the next 12 months.  You're chasing after things a bit fast and that's why you're piling up denials.  You freshly wiped your CR's with a BK and expecting 25K limits in under 2 years.  Yeah, it's possible but, not everyone can do the same as another.  You have a combined 30K already with NFCU and god knows what else with other lenders.  

Credit building is a MARATHON and not a sprint.  Take your time, smell the cherry blossoms, and find a hobby other than apps.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
I have a nfcu rewards card with a 15k and a cloc of 15k for over 7 months now
I applied for a second card and was not approved just got the letter for the reason is
Request exceeds maximum unsecured loan limit (primery)
Am still good with the cli shot for the first card after all this in may ?
In any case will this effect me getting the CLI on

You are at their internal max. No more NFCU credit you for a while, and most likely not going to get a CLI either. Time to slow down and watch the vegetables grow.

Message 3 of 10
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Got the same denial when I applied for NFCU platinum. Been with NFCU since 7/2016. Have $6200 cash rewards and $5000 CLOC

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Austinguy, it would be best to let things sit for 12 months.  Of course use all of your credit, especially the NFCU accounts wisely during that time and keep your HPs down.  In a year I would try a CLI after an AR and if that works go for that second card.  

Message 5 of 10
kugel
Valued Contributor

lol I agree also with hustinguy but lol don't know I decided to pull the trigger last night for a second PenFed and guess what instantly approved for the power cash rewards $26,000 SL i still can't believe it
Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Where one credit door closes another VAULT opensSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 10
kugel
Valued Contributor

Agree
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What they are pulling in NY any clue?
And is it worth trying them I'm in low 700 all 3 bureaus.
Last inquiry was in January and 5 total in past 6 months.
Message 9 of 10
kugel
Valued Contributor

Depands are u a member ?
If not that to become a member is tu cc app is tu and Cloc is equifax
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.