Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seemingly denied for BestBuy Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Seemingly denied for BestBuy Card?

Figured I would update this with the actual FICO 8 scores.

Transunion: 727

Equifax: 722
Experian: 704

Makes it even more confusing....

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same message 2 days ago and I have a 750 ex fico score.....citi can be very strange! it's not like it use to be with co branded cards!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Some vantage scores can be as low as 100 points lower than fico8 while others higher. With 700's should be good for a BB but with Citi, inquiries is a huge deal and a couple recent can shut you down . Any recent inquiries?

nailed it! the only bank worse than Citi when it comes to inquires is Chase. Citi cares more about inquiries and new account than your score. I have scene both Citi and chase give 5k SL for people with Fico scores under 700 and deny people with great scores and credit history over a few new accounts or inquries....kinda backwards if you ask me.

Message 13 of 16
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

I recently got approved for the Best Buy Visa. When I applied, I got a message that said something like we need more information, and I had to call in. They just asked some verification questions and said I was approved. Then I received TWO letters in the mail indicating I had been denied! So I called the BB Visa automated line and they found my account using my SSN. I also checked my application status online, which also indicated that I had been approved. VERY strange! 

So, I wouldn't say right away that you've been denied because things are not working smoothly over there with cc apps! 

Have you checked the application status online?

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Starting_Over2013 wrote:

I recently got approved for the Best Buy Visa. When I applied, I got a message that said something like we need more information, and I had to call in. They just asked some verification questions and said I was approved. Then I received TWO letters in the mail indicating I had been denied! So I called the BB Visa automated line and they found my account using my SSN. I also checked my application status online, which also indicated that I had been approved. VERY strange! 

So, I wouldn't say right away that you've been denied because things are not working smoothly over there with cc apps! 

Have you checked the application status online?

did you have any new account or inquries when you apllied? 

Message 15 of 16
Starting_Over2013
Regular Contributor

No, nothing that should effect my approval. I just went on and checked my appplication status & called the automated phone line - both are still reflecting approval with a $3k limit. The card is already attached to my Best Buy account. It's just really weird! 

Current Scores: EX 780, EQ 779, TU 782
Starting Scores Aug 2013: EX 650, EQ 649, TU 596

Goal: 800 across the board!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.