Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Card Trick looks to have gone bye-bye

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shopping Card Trick looks to have gone bye-bye

So I'm doing my monthly rounds of the SCT. Most of the ones I've tried this morning: Motorola, Overstock etc have the checkout process on one page now. So there is no longer the ability to check for pre-quals without putting in some kind of payment info. Just an FYI.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shopping Card Trick looks to have gone bye-bye

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm doing my monthly rounds of the SCT. Most of the ones I've tried this morning: Motorola, Overstock etc have the checkout process on one page now. So there is no longer the ability to check for pre-quals without putting in some kind of payment info. Just an FYI.

I just tried Total Rewards and few others and it's still working for those.

Message 2 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm still getting them as well.
Message 3 of 26
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Still there.

Just got the Overstock (didn't take it)

Sportsman Guide Visa (accepted)

Total Rewards Visa (accepted)

Only wanted last 4 SS hope both were SP.

Message 4 of 26
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Supposedly Comenity went to HP for any Visa/MC cards. My Sportsman's Guide was a SP, but that was over a year ago.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried a few and got the popups too. Didn't accept any since I've got too many Comenity already.

A got then SG Visa about 2 weeks ago via SCT. I was so excited to get a Visa pre-approval! I got a $2k limit. It was not a HP.

However, I also got & accepted the Gander Mountain MC popup and it was a HP Smiley Sad. Since I got a decent limit (for me since I'm rebuilding, $1,500) I'm ok with it.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried Jcrew and got preapproval..I am not sure they will HP or SP!! 

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh, I meant "I got the SG Visa..."
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

J Crew isn't a HP, or hasn't been in the past. That is a good one as the limit grows super fast. I request and get a CLI every 31 days like clockwork, $300 each time. Have never gotten the multi CLI thing to work. Maybe once my scores are better.
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
J Crew isn't a HP, or hasn't been in the past. That is a good one as the limit grows super fast. I request and get a CLI every 31 days like clockwork, $300 each time. Have never gotten the multi CLI thing to work. Maybe once my scores are better.

Thanks..I will go for it since they will not HP as I can not afford one now. Let's see what they start me off at lol

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.