Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Cart Trick is BS!!!!

tag
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Shopping Cart Trick is BS!!!!

Yeah, last year when i got some sct accounts they were true sct sp only asked for last 4   and sp.(they sp eq and they showed there)  that was middle last year maybe they change things around,who knows, all good things come to an end when lots off ppl are hammering down on the same tricks ,another example is nfcu, Synchrony R.I.P and others..

Hope this don't turn into secrects where ppl dont share the tricks, inside tips ect.

Message 11 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, sorry to hear the SCT didn't work out for you the way you expected it to. This is indeed one of the reasons I've only gotten one SCT card to date (Overstock), a more pertinent one being that I don't want to weight down my profile with store cards that I never use. It's also known that getting too many store cards actually can hurt your ability to get bank cards, so I try to keep store cards to less than half of my total revolving-credit profile (currently 3 of 8 cards are store, the rest bank or credit-union).

Message 12 of 46
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

All visa/MC apps with Comenity SCTs are going to be HPs this policy changed over a year ago and there are some store cards that will also be HPs. Rule of thumb is always expect an HP when requesting new credit.
Message 13 of 46
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yup, sorry to hear that, OP.

I, too, got a HP after the pop up on Overstock.

I was especially irritated after I saw the $350 SL Smiley Surprised

I really don't care for OS but 2.5 months ago my scores were in the low 600's so was going for some paddington bear for UTI.

2.5 months later I have received $29.5k in available credit.

As wise people here say, truly only apply for cards you actually want and will use.
Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just curious how they did a HP if you only gave them the last 4 numbers of your SSN?  Sorry, but thats impossible.

Message 15 of 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not impossible happens alot if you read all these stories on getting hps after only putting in the last 4. The science i do not know how but i believe it does happenSmiley Wink
Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 3 SCT cards about 10 plus months ago. All were sp. But the wording did say preapporved. And last 4. 

On on a side note I wish I only got one of those three cards now. As I only use the one frequently and I think they hurt my AAOA pretty hard. 

Im sorry about your hp. 

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its always a risk. I took a risk on SP CLI from them and ate 4 HP. 

My first mistake...not having my reports on ICE...Lesson learned for me. Its always a risk asking for credit. I have about 80 HP's accross all 3. Don't put to much weight in them. I don't plan on getting anything anytime soon. 

Message 18 of 46
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@juniebrunner

Don't know what to say other than it happened.

I have nothing to gain by making it up Smiley Tongue
Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just Tried overstock and said i would be notified by mail. Did that happen to you? Or was it instant notification of your approval?
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.