cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick work for you?? Please add to list!

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick work for you?? Please add to list!

Vitacost Healthy Perks MC - 15K

Coldwater Creek MC - 15K

Both SP

Received pop-up for Total Rewards VS (did not accept)

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 21 of 259
vpae
Established Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

I got the pop up for the Total rewards card (it took a while)

Recieved a pop up for the Sportsman guide card (took 6 months, i did not accept it (wanted to get cli's on my other cards before i pulled the trigger).

Since i didnt accept the online preapproval offer at that time Sportmans then mailed out a preapproval letter to my home.

Was the Total Rewards a HP for you?

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 22 of 259
vpae
Established Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

This is not true for everyone, some people (myself included) were pre-approved for Total Rewards and Fuel Network Mastercard, and still got a HP. Not sure how they decide if you get a HP or not.

I wonder if it depends on each of our credit profile, if we're borderline, maybe it HPs? Maybe it's based on amount approved? History of other accounts with Comenity? I'm sure there's something.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 23 of 259
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I got a pop-up approval for Coldwater Creek MC. I did not accept, and when I go back on the site, it no longer pops up  (same happened for Vita Cost and Sportsman's Guide). Today, I got a pre-approval letter for Coldwter Creek, it says I was preapproved, and tells me to go to the store or call to accept the card. Offer is good for 90 days. I got one of these letters for Sportsman's Guide too, and did not take the card. I am wondering if I will get a HP, since I was HP'd for Total Rewards and FRN MC.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 24 of 259
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

I got a pop-up approval for Coldwater Creek MC. I did not accept, and when I go back on the site, it no longer pops up  (same happened for Vita Cost and Sportsman's Guide). Today, I got a pre-approval letter for Coldwter Creek, it says I was preapproved, and tells me to go to the store or call to accept the card. Offer is good for 90 days. I got one of these letters for Sportsman's Guide too, and did not take the card. I am wondering if I will get a HP, since I was HP'd for Total Rewards and FRN MC.

I was SP'd for Colwater Creek.  Have gotten the pop-up for TR and can't bring myself to accept because of the uncertainty of getting HP'd.

Message 25 of 259
ProV
Regular Contributor

JCrew got pop up for pre approval, didn't accept

Victoria Secret got pop up w/ $750 pre approval, did not accept

HSN Got Pop up for pre approval, accepted.  $1500

Message 26 of 259
mszuki1000
Contributor

I just can't seem to get the pop up .....have tried over 15 stores..... Guess I'm just doomed for store cards lol

Starting Score: 412
Current Score: 488
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 259
fastalkintn
New Contributor

After reading this thread I tried VS and sportsman guide and got offers from both. Didn't take them. At vs I had one $50 item in the cart and signed on as a guest. Sportsman guide I created an account had a pair of boots in my cart and added the membership.
Message 28 of 259
Ron1
Super Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

I got a pop-up pre-approval for Coldwater Creek MC earlier this month. I accepted it. I got approved for $8K.  I never got any pop-up for Sportsmanguide. I couldn't get to work.

Ron.

Message 29 of 259
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@emptypockets wrote:

I got a pop-up pre-approval for Coldwater Creek MC earlier this month. I accepted it. I got approved for $8K.  I never got any pop-up for Sportsmanguide. I couldn't get to work.

Ron.

Me either.

Message 30 of 259
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.