cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart trick work for you?? Please add to list!

tag
padme
Established Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick work for you?? Please add to list!

Overstock.com SP $2.5k

Message 111 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

@designated_knitter wrote:

Previously, I was able to get the SCT to work for virtually all the Brylane stores:

• Brylane Home
  • Woman Within
  • Jessica London
  • Full Beauty (formerly One Stop Shop

I also got it to work for Overstock and JJill

I haven't been wild about the quality of the Brylane group merchandise.

Apparently, there is another group that appears to be a "step up" in quality from the Brylane stores and I was able to get the SCT to work for several of them tonight.  There are 14 stores in this group and I was able to get the pop-up for 3 of 3 that I tried (Norm Thompson, LinenSource, and WillowRidge).  Those stores include:

• Norm Thompson
  • LinenSource
  • Solutions
  • WinterSilks
  • RedViolin
  • Appleseeds
  • HomeForever

Here is the link to Norm Thompson:  http://normthompson.blair.com/#

If you look along the top row, you will see a link that says "Click Here to shop all 14 of our stores" -- which will bring up the list.  I only tried 3 but I suspect that the SCT would work for all 14 of them if you really wanted them... probalby not recommended but just putting the information out there...

None of these popups told me upfront what the credit limit was so you are kind of rolling the dice if you are wanting a big limit -- more than likely you'll get 200 dollar limits.

So, trading in the Brylane stores in favor of the Blair group (or whatever the "umbrella group" would be called.

Cheers...

I wouldn't apply for any more SCT accounts. You only need a couple. Having a lot of  $200-$400 limit cards from places no one has heard of won't help. Overstock and J Crew seem to be the best IMO. Those small accounts will be slow doing cli's.

Message 112 of 259
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

While I agree with you in principal, this thread is about which stores work.  I know a lot of folks love VS. or JCrew.  However, as a 52 year old mom with weight issues, this stores have made the decision not to cater to me or my demographic... So "best" is a relative term.

just because you may not be familiar with norm Thompson etc doesn't mean no one has ever heard of them.  I had never Heard of buckle and several other stores prior to hearing about the SCT.  But that's because I'm old and not their target demo.

the point of my post was to provide an alternative to JCrew, Buckle, Expres, VS that folks like myself (over 30 and overweight) could actually use.  After all, if you get a credit card but it is for a store of no use to you just because it is perceived as more recognizable and mainstream, well, that is worse than getting one of these other cards that actually sell things I can use.  

I am frankly tired of so many stores that discriminate against older people with less than perfect body types.., I don't care if JCrew or VS made my FICO scores go through the roof... Because of their offensive stance on people with weight issues, I will never give them a dime of my money.

sorry for going off topic.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 113 of 259
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

While I agree with you in principal, this thread is about which stores work.  I know a lot of folks love VS. or JCrew.  However, as a 52 year old mom with weight issues, this stores have made the decision not to cater to me or my demographic... So "best" is a relative term.

just because you may not be familiar with norm Thompson etc doesn't mean no one has ever heard of them.  I had never Heard of buckle and several other stores prior to hearing about the SCT.  But that's because I'm old and not their target demo.

the point of my post was to provide an alternative to JCrew, Buckle, Expres, VS that folks like myself (over 30 and overweight) could actually use.  After all, if you get a credit card but it is for a store of no use to you just because it is perceived as more recognizable and mainstream, well, that is worse than getting one of these other cards that actually sell things I can use.  

I am frankly tired of so many stores that discriminate against older people with less than perfect body types.., I don't care if JCrew or VS made my FICO scores go through the roof... Because of their offensive stance on people with weight issues, I will never give them a dime of my money.

Demographics are what business is all about. 

By that logic 'Babies R us' and 'Chuck E Cheese' are discriminating against me because I'm 49, tall and good lookin!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 114 of 259
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Demographics are what business is all about. 

By that logic 'Babies R us' and 'Chuck E Cheese' are discriminating against me because I'm 49, tall and good lookin!

That is a false equivalency since representatives of Babies R Us or Chuckie Cheese haven't insulted you or tried to shame you for being 49, and tall... whether or not you are good looking -- well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Again, my point is to choose to do business with and use credit from stores based on your needs -- not based on whether "people have heard of them".  

06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Message 115 of 259
cem13
Established Contributor

I have been in agony whether to hit the button for the SGV.  So I thought that I would give it a try and if they gave me a junk SL then I would call and cancel.  So today I app'd and instant approval for $5k.  That is the minimum that I would have accepted.

I got a little zealous and app'd for Discover IT as well, knowing that I burned them for $20K IIB in 2011.  But I rationalized that since I received over $25K in credit in the past 3 days; why not?  It only took about 3.2 second to come back with a denial.  Not only did they deny me; in the reason column, they asked me "What the hell were you thinking?"

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 116 of 259
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

I got a little zealous and app'd for Discover IT as well, knowing that I burned them for $20K IIB in 2011.  But I rationalized that since I received over $25K in credit in the past 3 days; why not?  It only took about 3.2 second to come back with a denial.  Not only did they deny me; in the reason column, they asked me "What the hell were you thinking?"

Oh man .... can I relate to this.  You get a little success and then the hubris sets in.  Somewhere I think underwriters at some of the companies I app'ed with earlier this year must have been laughing on the other side of the screen saying "hey fred... check out this chick!  She actually thought she had a shot at getting approved!  This is going on "dumbest applicant ever" board in the breakroom!"

06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Message 117 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fuel Rewards and SportsmansGuide VISA's confirmed to still be SP as of today Smiley Happy

For FRN, I updated my address info to match my EQ report and it popped up as soon as I hit the "Homepage" link.

For Sportsman, I didn't get the popup while logged into my account.  I went through guest Checkout and it popped up.

Checked EQ and all SP's so it was a good haul.

I want the Virgin America now but I'm too chicken about Barclay AA on recent mini app spree (7+ cards).  I just checked, the Virgin card comes with a $49 or $150 annual fee.  I guess I'll be skipping it, cool looking card though.

Message 118 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

I have been in agony whether to hit the button for the SGV.  So I thought that I would give it a try and if they gave me a junk SL then I would call and cancel.  So today I app'd and instant approval for $5k.  That is the minimum that I would have accepted.

Yeh, exactly!  You burned them in bankruptcy and you have the nerve to ask for more credit from Discover????  What a waste of a HP.  Congrats though on your SGV.

Message 119 of 259
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Fuel Rewards and SportsmansGuide VISA's confirmed to still be SP as of today Smiley Happy

For FRN, I updated my address info to match my EQ report and it popped up as soon as I hit the "Homepage" link.

For Sportsman, I didn't get the popup while logged into my account.  I went through guest Checkout and it popped up.

Checked EQ and all SP's so it was a good haul.

I want the Virgin America now but I'm too chicken about Barclay AA on recent mini app spree (7+ cards).  I just checked, the Virgin card comes with a $49 or $150 annual fee.  I guess I'll be skipping it, cool looking card though.

Why would you want to skip the Virgin America card when you really want it?  Smiley Indifferent

Booth the $49 and $150 AF cards come with an annual companion fare voucher.  The voucher is worth $150 in itself.

Figure out the math.

If you go for the lower tier card ($49) you are coming out ahead by earning $100 to apply to your next flight.

The one nice thing about the $150 card is you will not get dinged if you make changes to your itinerary.

Message 120 of 259
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.