Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot Down on Barclay Arrival+

tag
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Shot Down on Barclay Arrival+

No inquiries in '18, denied twice before on this card, why not roll the dice?  Denied: "number of bankcards opened within the last two years".

I thought: really?  So, I looked, and here's the numbers:  

New accounts:  '17 - 3;  '16 - 14,  '15 - 6.  Closed accounts '16/'17 - 8.  TU @ application: 753.  So, I have the Ring (10.5k) and the Red Aviator (10k).  Keep my head down to avoid Barclay's quirky AA and CLD's.  Will probably reallocate my Red cl to the Ring and close it, as I have the Citi AA.  Arrival+ next year? Three strikes - you're out!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shot Down on Barclay Arrival+

You’re not going to recon? 

Message 2 of 5
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

They are very stingy with the Arrival+.  I got a denied when I apped for one last September, but then got approved for the CashForward with a decent limit shortly thereafter.

Message 3 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Recently approx 5-6 months ago they changed the Arrival+ criteria for approval to x amt of cards in the last 2 years i believe and instant declined and don't even believe it can be reconned if I recall correctly.  Probably has to do with the decent size sign-up bonus then people dumping it after they obtained it then rinsing and repeating.  

Message 4 of 5
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Nah, I'm crashed and burned on Arrival!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.