Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Apply Now or Wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I Apply Now or Wait?

Quick background. Got my first card 3 years ago. Car got totaled in January. Had a hard time getting a loan cause of my limited history. Decided to add to my history. Applied for 2 cards in May. Planned on using these and letting them grow for a year and then apply for 2 more cards next May. Now I'm thinking I should just apply for the cards I want now and let them age all together. I'm looking at the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited. Should balance out all my other cards nicely and offer the max in rewards. I'm not a huge spender. Average of around $800 per month, but a median of probably about $4-500. I'll be able to meet spend requirements for both cards, but it'll be close. 

Current Data:

Utilization: 3%

Payment History: 100%

Negatives: 0

Inquires: 2-4 depending on report (most from auto loan in January, 2 from CC app in May)

AAoA: 11 months

TU FICO: 761 (via Discover)

Most important question is if I have a good chance of getting approved for both of these cards? I'm prequalified for both and also the Slate and CSP. And secondly, is it a good idea for me to apply for these two at this time? Or maybe apply for one now and for one in a few months?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Should I Apply Now or Wait?

If those are the ones you want. Might as well try to get them at the same time. It's a good chance it will be all on one set of pulls or one pull depending on where you live. If denied one, no loss there as you can try for it again in a couple of months.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I Apply Now or Wait?

Thanks for the advice. I decided to take it. I posted the results here.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.