Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app Venture?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I app Venture?

I was very polite while speaking with the CR. He just said that there wasn't anything he could do and to wait until I received the letter. I did email the EO a nice letter. We shall see. I don't want to give up and am interested to see if I can have an success with this. I'm a banker by trade so it's in my nature to find solutions and close deals. Naive of me in this case probably...
Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was very polite while speaking with the CR. He just said that there wasn't anything he could do and to wait until I received the letter. I did email the EO a nice letter. We shall see. I don't want to give up and am interested to see if I can have an success with this. I'm a banker by trade so it's in my nature to find solutions and close deals. Naive of me in this case probably...

I agree.

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
 I'm a banker by trade so it's in my nature to find solutions and close deals.

That reminds me of the magnificent monologue by Alec Baldwin in the movie, Glengarry Glen Ross.  "Always be closing".  Have you seen it?   I appreciate closers, and am going to be rooting for you on the rest of your credit journey.  

Either way, once you had the hard pull you were just following years of advice on here that it's worth a shot to recon.  Nothing to feel bad about there.  I wish you the best going forward.  

Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, CaptainJ!  I'll check out that movie-) 

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carolynn from The Executive Office called me and invited me to reapply. When I received my denial letter it showed that they pulled a 621 Experian fico 8. My fico 8 at the time of application was 708 so I'm a little confused and so was she.. It may be that they pulled an old "stale" file, who knows..

I'm hesitant to re-apply even with 708 EX, 722 EQ and 741 TU and 1% Util.
Message 35 of 37
sjt
Senior Contributor

Cap1 uses an earlier version of FICO
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 36 of 37
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Carolynn from The Executive Office called me and invited me to reapply. When I received my denial letter it showed that they pulled a 621 Experian fico 8. My fico 8 at the time of application was 708 so I'm a little confused and so was she.. It may be that they pulled an old "stale" file, who knows..

I'm hesitant to re-apply even with 708 EX, 722 EQ and 741 TU and 1% Util.

I have no idea how Cap1 is pulling an EX score that is lower than what the credit bureaus are showing. Every HP should have the most recent scores. That sucks because reapplying requires they pull you again which is a total of 6 pulls across all bureaus. If you apply and the scores are updated, you should fight and request Cap1 remove all HPs that showed incorrect scores. 

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.