Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for CSR, WF Cash Wise and BoA BankAmericard

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Should I apply for CSR, WF Cash Wise and BoA BankAmericard

I am looking to apply for a couple credit cards. Specifically the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Wells Fargo Cash Wise, and BoA BankAmericard. I want the 50k Bonus and travel perks of the CSR, the $200/1000 bonus of the WF CW, and 0%/$0 balance transfer of BoA.

My profile as of last report 11/21/17

FICO: 750-760 across all CR.

Inquiries: 0-3 accross all Cr.

AAoA: 3+ years

Utilization: 28%

Negatives: 0 negatives on report. I did have deliquincies about 9 years ago with BoA and Cap1 but those have been paid and off CR.

Open Cards:

CSP: $3895/8000

Chase Freedom: $2951

Chase IHG: $0/3500

AMEX Blue: $1554/25,000

Discover: $7,369/14,000 (made a payment today, CR not updated yet, new ballance will be $5000)

I also have 2 auto loans totally $8,000, and student loan about $35,000.

So what are my odds of getting approved for these cards? My 1st priority is to transfer as much balance as possible to the 0%/$0 BoA and keep paying it off, the CSR and WF will the icing. While I am at it, I will try to get CLI with Discover and move most of Chase IHG CL to the other 2 Chase cards. I also want to buy a house in 1-2 years. Will this hurt my odds at a home loan?

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for CSR, WF Cash Wise and BoA BankAmericard

Chase has new language indicating only one bonus will be allowed per Sapphire card in a 24-month period. There are also data points that indicate some folks slip through the cracks. How long have you had it ?

Message 2 of 13
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I've had my CSP since 2012
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very good cards and you will get the bonus for the CSR as it is a different product from the CSP.  I received both bonuses with no problem.  You will only not get the bonus for example, if you closed the CSP and applied for it again less two years.  So you should be fine.

Whatever you choose to do, apply for the Chase card first.  Update the thread with results should you apply for all.  All the best.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on posts here & conversations I had with service reps, I was under the impression that you can only hold a single sapphire product at a time. How would that affect applying if they already hold a CSP? if approved for reserve would it be conditional on pc'ing/closing the CSP or would it be a flat denial unless you had changed products before applying for reserve?
Message 5 of 13
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

According to their new policy you will not get approved for the CSR if you already hold a CSP.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99 wrote:

According to their new policy you will not get approved for the CSR if you already hold a CSP.

Chase is wobbly on this policy.  My friend just recently got approved for the CSR and had the CSP for a while.  His was done in the branch though.  

Message 7 of 13
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Why should I apply for the CSR first?

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 8 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Chase is wobbly on this policy.  My friend just recently got approved for the CSR and had the CSP for a while.  His was done in the branch though.  

This sounds like a flier unless your friend was able to get a Chase BRM to submit a paper application.  Even private clients reportedly aren't exempt from the updated policy.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It doesn't sound like you have a Chase 5/24 issue.  IMO you should first app for the BoA since you commented the card is your highest priority,  and if it goes pending or if denied you can recon with the promise to BT your current outstanding balance.

Chase and BoA almost always pull EX for a new app (unless BoA pulled TU for a CLI request within the last 30 days) and while with WF it's more YMMV they frequently pull EX as well.  If you app for all 3, at least 1 of them will be aware of at least 1 other recent inquiry.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.