cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Ah bummer, however from here you have a couple options.

If your scores are decent, go for the Discover IT card. I got approved back when my scores were in the 630s. They also dont look heavily into the history part. Even a basic AMEX card like the BCE card would be workable. Regardless, I recommend another line and just keeping the payments and utilization in check and you should be ready for the CSP card in 6 months from your second card opening. Stay away from Citi and BofA unless you want a secured card; they like to see a rich history.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My brother is Private Client and he instantly got approved for csp 30k and after 3 month upgraded to 50k limit. after two years  he closed the account and app'd for csr, intstant approval of 28500. And the funniest part, that he has no other credit cards......

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Discover Chrome, pre-qualified for Amex Gold, Blue, Everyday (Solid APR)

Message 23 of 26
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Good, getting the other cards should help build your likelihood of success. My advice: Forget the CSP and apply for the CSR. I've had them both and the CSR is a far more useful card for those of us who travel a lot. Keep us posted!
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aren’t the requirements a lot higher for csr?
Message 25 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Aren’t the requirements a lot higher for csr?

Other than the AF, minimum CL for CSR is $10K.  Being CPC doesn't automatically override getting approved (certain circumstances may apply) since there's other factors that play into that criteria.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.