cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for a new CC when unemployed?

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I apply for a new CC when unemployed?

donny10 x 2!

@OP Wish you the best and may you land a new and better job soon.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 11 of 13
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Question for OP: Are you a member of a trades union? (IBEW, Pipefitters, etc.) If so, then I understand where you're coming from.

It's kind of like working for a large temp agency. You take calls for contractors when and where the work is. You make great cash and benefits, but have some down time now and then. You can travel and work anywhere in the country that you want. Capital One has a MC actually geared towards this lifestyle called "UnionPlus". If you're part of the AFL-CIO trades, I recommend looking into that card and it's benefits. (The MC is a standard 1.5% cash back with other cash benefits during strikes, lay offs, disability, etc.)

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the advice above, not a good idea to apply for or add to your debt load when you are out of work.  If you can just wait until you get back to work.  You state you are eligible to join NFCU,  that is a credit union that in my opinion anyone who can join should.  They are great to work with and provide generous limits and decent interest without annual fees so once you get back to work that is where I would put my energy.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.