Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Should I apply for the AmEx PRG?

bumboclawt wrote:

just to clarify: I haven't been pre-approved for the Amex Platinum.. just the PDG

Alll I was pre-approved for was the Amex Green card with zero points.  I came out with BCE with 250 dollar rewards and PRG with 50,000 points when applying.  If you are prequalified for PRG you should be in good shape.  I think PRG is better deal (well unless you get 100,000 point platinum offer) but if you think Platinum is better than go for it

January 1 2017 Experian 507
January 15 2017 Experian 527 Transunion 528 Equifax 529
August 1 2017 Experian 702, Transunion 711, Equifax 715

BOA Cash Rewards, AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, CITI AADvantage Platinum, Chase Southwest Premier, Barclay Arrival +, Barclay AAdvantage Red Aviator, USAA Prefered Cash Rewards , Cap One Quicksilver, Lendup L card, JCrew, Pottery Barn, Express, NFCU Go Rewards.. 130k total credit lines.
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

bumboclawt wrote:

Thanks for all of the advice.. I think I'll send in my application in on the first of September for the Platinum card then! (don't have any travel plans until November)

I was over here thinking that I needed at least a 5 year credit history as well as credit scores in the 800's to be in the running for an Amex Platinum

No, I myself am an example of this not being the case. My AAoA was around 2 years and my depth is 3 years, so you can definitely get approved if you're new to credit!

Update: I applied for the PRG. Apparently there's still a fraud alert on my credit report. I had my middle name changed on my Transunion report a month ago and it's still there. Anyone know how to get rid of that?

Anyway, I had to verify everything except my blood type just to have them tell me that their system is down, so I'll have to wait 24-48 hours to get a response to my application.

double update: now AmEx is making me mail in an official letter from my bank to their office in Salt Lake City before they can process this application... but I did manage to get that fraud alert off my account though. 

For all of this work, I'm gonna be pretty pissed if my application doesn't get approved!

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

If I were wagering, I'd guess 10K SL going to 30K in 3 months plus a little...

Current Score: EQ753 TU769 EX774
Goal Score: 800's once again

Note to self: Garden. Must garden till 3rd Qtr, 2018
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

bumboclawt wrote:

double update: now AmEx is making me mail in an official letter from my bank to their office in Salt Lake City before they can process this application... but I did manage to get that fraud alert off my account though. 

For all of this work, I'm gonna be pretty pissed if my application doesn't get approved!

You applied with the 50k offer right? 

For amex plat only ever apply with 100k offer, for Gold 50k. 

765 TU FICO.
0 Kudos

That is correct; I applied with the 50k offer. 

I guess I'll update this page in a few weeks when AmEx finally gets my bank letter that verifies I am who I say I am. 

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Goodluck op! It's a good card so it's worth the hassle..
My Cards:
American Express PRG-American Express BCE-Chase United Mileage Explorer-Chase Amazon
0 Kudos

third update:

Amex got my letter, however it takes 2-3 business days to verify the bank letter.. and they wouldn't call Charles Schwab to verify that they indeed sent the letter...

This process has been so annoying... all because one of the bureaus put a fraud alert on my credit report without notifying me -_-

I applied for this card on July 27th or 29th (it's been so long that I've forgotten) and I still won't know if I've gotten approved or denyed yet until Tuesday or Wednesday -_-

I'm actually gonna be pretty pissed if I get denied, specifically because I had to verify everything except my bloodtype and they've put me through the ringer to get the application through.

0 Kudos

third update:

Amex got my letter, however it takes 2-3 business days to verify the bank letter.. and they wouldn't call my bank to verify that they indeed sent the letter...

This process has been so annoying... all because one of the bureaus put a fraud alert on my credit report without notifying me -_-

I applied for this card on July 27th or 29th (it's been so long that I've forgotten) and I still won't know if I've gotten approved or denyed yet until Tuesday or Wednesday -_-

I'm actually gonna be pretty pissed if I get denied, specifically because I had to verify everything except my bloodtype and they've put me through the ringer to get the application through.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.