Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply?

My score around the 595 range. I have 3 collections. 3 judgements that are paid. I have a credit union that upped my limit to 1500. Should I or can I apply for some credit cards?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decided to cut losses and went on a mini app spree.

@Anonymous wrote:

My score around the 595 range. I have 3 collections. 3 judgements that are paid. I have a credit union that upped my limit to 1500. Should I or can I apply for some credit cards?

Hi Eric. You should make a new thread so you get responses tailored to your question. You can apply for cards and could get approved, but what are your goals? With your score and those negative items on your credit reports your options will be limited. Just based on what you have said so far, I would work on getting those items removed. Pay for delete, goodwill letters, disputes, etc. And then I'd make sure your CU account is always paid in full. Credit is nice when you have to finance something large but it can be easy to have snowball on you if you don't have a budget or long term goals.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decided to cut losses and went on a mini app spree.

Thanks. I will. Also the advice is gold. 

Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Should I apply?

Hi @Anonymous, I've moved your question to a new thread to help get you more specific feedback.

I've changed your subject to better reflect your question... feel free to edit if you would like.

--UncleB, myFICO Moderator

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply?

Appreciate it. 

Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I apply?

@Anonymous wrote:

1. It's inadvisable to apply for anything now, while your scores are in the 595 range.

2. Tell us what type of accounts you have, and the limits and balances, and we'll probably be able to give you some pointers about how to increase your scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.