Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I call Chase for a recon?

tag
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Should I call Chase for a recon?

I applied for the Chase Amazon card a while back and of course, declined. Only reason cited on the letter was the BK (10/2010) - I know BK is an auto decline for Chase. Should I call them for a recon? I don't really need the card. The letter states that my TU score is 719.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I call Chase for a recon?

If you want the card, then go for it. I reconned Chase Amazon in Feb and I got approved for a $500 SL with a 15-month old BK and TU 652. I am proof that miracles happen. I just systematically explained how our BK happened. Just be honest and give them a shot! Good luck if you decide to go for it. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you want the card, then go for it. I reconned Chase Amazon in Feb and I got approved for a $500 SL with a 15-month old BK and TU 652. I am proof that miracles happen. I just systematically explained how our BK happened. Just be honest and give them a shot! Good luck if you decide to go for it. Smiley Happy

+1

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 11
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the the reply.

I don't really need the card, I have better cards. But if I get approved after a recon, this will be the first step in getting back with chase? Would it be easier to get other chase producfs in the future? I burnt chase in my '10 BK ....
Message 4 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@RCFL wrote:

I don't really need the card, I have better cards. But if I get approved after a recon, this will be the first step in getting back with chase? Would it be easier to get other chase producfs in the future? I burnt chase in my '10 BK ....

IMHO, yes, that might get your foot in the door - it's all downhill from there Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago did you apply?  You only have 30 days from the date on the denial letter to recon.  Secondly, if you included Chase in your bankruptcy and haven't paid them back, I would t expect a positive outcome though you can't hurt anything by trying.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RCFL wrote:

I forgot to put that I burned Chase in my BK, and for a very substantial amount. I think it is an opportunity to get back in with them. Nothing to lose, everything to gain! ☺

Message 7 of 11
sjt
Senior Contributor

FYI, I just read in the Approval section that someone got approved for the Chase Amazon Visa after they called to recon. They IIB CHase as well.

So you should definitely call recon.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 11
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

The Amazon is one of the easier cards to get I got it 4 yrs post Discharge with no recon but low limit. I would recon.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 9 of 11
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Did not see until just now that you burned Chase. That will hurt your chances significantly of a successful recon.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.