cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade Delta Gold to Platinum?

tag
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Should I upgrade Delta Gold to Platinum?

I just received an offer pop up offering me to upgrade my Delta Gold to a Platimum card.  It would reduce the fee the first year to $100.

Pretty sure I wouldn't get any sign up bonus since it's an upgrade and not new application. I do like the free companion ticket. 

Do you guys think I should upgrade or wait it out for something else?  Also, I can't get the offer to pop up anymore.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I upgrade Delta Gold to Platinum?

Funny, I got the same offer when I login just now to pay my bill for my BCE. But, I don't have a Delta Gold. I don't know what card they want me to upgrade to Delta Platinum. I'm assuming my normal Amex Platinum. But, yeah same offer for me.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same popup.  Said upgrade Delta business card, I don't have any business card and no Delta card.

Message 3 of 8
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

I tried to upgrade because of the companion ticket but it kept timing out.  I am sitting here at work trying to get that thing to popup again. lol.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Message 4 of 8
Berk
Established Contributor

Sounds like the email I got from DirecTV yesterday telling me that as a new customer I get a free year of NFL Sunday Ticket if I respond by 9/14. Thing is, I'm not a new customer and no matter which agent I speak to I ain't getting it for free.

Fake News.

But, if it is a legitimate offer and you will use the companion ticket, by all means upgrade. I have it just for the companion ticket.

Message 5 of 8
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

I'm actually going to call on my way home from work.  I do have a Gold Delta so I thought it was legitimately targeting me.  The only thing is I don't have a business listed.  haha.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Message 6 of 8
JackBeNimble1
Contributor

I received the same offfer yesterday and I do have the Delta Gold. But unless you're after the companion pass, I don't see much value in the upgrade. I'd rather ride out my Delta Gold and then apply for a Platinum later so I can cash in on the bonus. 

Amex Gold, Amex Bonvoy, Amex Hilton Honors Surpass, Amex Every Day, Amex Hilton Biz, Amex Delta Biz, Barclays Arrival+, Barclays Rewards, Capital One VentureOne, Capital One Quicksilver, Chase Freedom, Chase IHG Rewards, Chase United Explorer, Chase Sapphire
Message 7 of 8
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Totally get it.  Wondering though how come it randomly pops up.  I see it a few times a day.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.