Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i wait (NFCU CLI)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should i wait (NFCU CLI)

Thanks to this community I gained the courage in Dec 2014 to apply for the NFCU Cash Rewards card and NavLOC. Cash rewards approved for 5k and NavLOC for the full 15k. My first major CC and largest trade lines.

Now that my 3rd statement has been cut for my Cash Rewards card, i was wondering when i should press the LUV button? Not sure which generwl guideline to follow honestly.... I know NFCU does quarterly account reviews and that i should probably wait for the next one, likely end of March, for a chance at a SP. I was wondering what you guys think my chances would be after just the 3rd statement time period.
My util on that card is 30% at the moment and over all credit Util is 14% on my credit report. Thanks for the advice already!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should i wait (NFCU CLI)

As creditaddict told me a few minutes ago, you should wait in April for a better chance.
Message 2 of 8
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

It is possible to get the CLI after the 3rd credit statement but I'm pretty sure you'll run the risk of a hard pull perhaps.  Considering the next SP/AR should take place ~03/31-04/02 I would personally wait until at least to the 2nd of April to request a CLI.  You'll also be showing a lower utilization during that time as well.  Good luck either way you decide to go.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your quick responses! I think i will take the advice and wait like you both suggested. Although the wait is killing me!!!
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Zorasmiles wrote:

It is possible to get the CLI after the 3rd credit statement but I'm pretty sure you'll run the risk of a hard pull perhaps.  Considering the next SP/AR should take place ~03/31-04/02 I would personally wait until at least to the 2nd of April to request a CLI.  You'll also be showing a lower utilization during that time as well.  Good luck either way you decide to go.

+2 to the other 2, since you fell right after the last AR, I would wait for the next AR before you pull the trigger on your first cli.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the waiting game has begun 

Message 6 of 8
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

+2 to the other 2, since you fell right after the last AR, I would wait for the next AR before you pull the trigger on your first cli.

Creditaddict, it looks like you're going to have to start a THIRD NFCU thread titled "CreditAddict's, when should I apply for NFCU CLI" thread lol  NFCU will be putting you on  the payroll very soon lol

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Haha Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.