Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simmons Bank Limbo

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Simmons Bank Limbo

I think it will be same result unless the OP cuts down the tradelines. And that's just a determination one should make on their own whether one lender is "worth" cutting your total number of cards/TLs down to suit their underwriting criteria. Is this a step back or step forward in your journey? Etc.
Message 51 of 65
Gollum
Established Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

After faxing in a recon citing (1) 23 year credit history of (a) never missing a payment or evenlate (b) why I'd like a Simmons beacuse of their 7.25% rate and plan to make it my #1 card and (c) my strong income and stable employment . . .  I got denied again in a letter that states

- excessive amount of avail unsecured credit (same as first response)

- excessive number of bank cards on file (same as first response)

- unable to verify residence on app with credit bureau (this is a new one not shown in the first denial); even though I faxed in copies of driver license, phone and cable bills, wireless bills 

The letter doesn't mention anything about a recon but look as if i was applying for the first time and it says it pulled Transunion, so another hard pull when they recon!?

My plan: wait until mid - late 2015 and try again while gardening until then.

That's the update ladies and gentlmen. Smiley Sad

A "recon" would just be asking (again) the same small group of people who already denied your application.  Simmons First is not a faceless mega-bank.  The standard advice given on this forum does not necessarily apply to Simmons First.  If you really want the credit card, do something regarding the reasons stated in your rejection letter, then wait a year, then apply again.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion April 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 52 of 65
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

What's so special about this lender to make it worth going thru all this hassle?

^^^^^

7.25% interest rate

the conquest because after 23 years of perfect credit...I deserve it! Smiley Wink

Really? I have a Merrick Bank MC with 6.15% APR. $10K CL. Also have a AAA Visa Sig with 7.9% APR. $22.6K CL. Perhaps try one of those if you simply want a lower APR.

Of course one must carry a balance to realize these rates. Neither has rewards. I would suggest paying interest as reverse-rewards.

Message 53 of 65
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

What's so special about this lender to make it worth going thru all this hassle?

^^^^^

7.25% interest rate

the conquest because after 23 years of perfect credit...I deserve it! Smiley Wink

Really? I have a Merrick Bank MC with 6.15% APR. $10K CL. Also have a AAA Visa Sig with 7.9% APR. $22.6K CL. Perhaps try one of those if you simply want a lower APR.

Of course one must carry a balance to realize these rates. Neither has rewards. I would suggest paying interest as reverse-rewards.

The Simmons First credit cards are hard to get.  Have you tried to get one?

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion April 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 54 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gollum wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

^^^^^

7.25% interest rate

7.24% APR isn't that hard to get.

It's the APR on my Mother's Discover It. (After the 0% period for converting from Discover More)

Message 55 of 65
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

^^^^^

7.25% interest rate

It's the APR on my Mother's Discover It. (After the 0% period for converting from Discover More)

The Simmons First credit cards are hard to get, though.

Message 56 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gollum wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

^^^^^

7.25% interest rate

The Simmons First credit cards are hard to get, though.

So are BB&T's.

Message 57 of 65
Gollum
Established Contributor

OK, fine, whatever that (BB&T) is.  The Simmons First credit cards have been sort of a Holy Grail for years for those who read about credit cards.

Message 58 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gollum wrote:

OK, fine, whatever that (BB&T) is.  The Simmons First credit cards have been sort of a Holy Grail for years for those who read about credit cards.

What's their deal?

Lifetime 0% BT's?

Constant Bonus cashback offers?

Stupidly low Interest rates?

Message 59 of 65
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

^^^^^^^

Merrick's website says you can only apply if you received an invite from them.

AAA shows 12% and up for their cc for my zip code service area

BB&T service area does not cover my state its website says

The cc's above are not options for me

Message 60 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.