Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simmons First Visa Platinum Card....Almost approved

tag
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Simmons First Visa Platinum Card....Almost approved

I applied for a Simmons First Visa Platinum Credit card Sep 2014 and got denied, then reconed it, got denied. I was planning to wait six months and apply.

Here was the original post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Simmons-Bank-Limbo/td-p/3455381/highlight/true

I couldn't wait and figured three months was enough time to have passed, here's a recap of my app aprocess:

--------

9/12/2014 first attempt, denied

9/26/2014 recon, denied

12/4/2014 Applied online at 9:34pm

12/9/2014 Credit report pulled

12/15/2014 Request for addditional financial information: pay stub reflects current and year to date earnings, verification of current address (utility bill), verification of other income So as you can see on 12/15 in the mail I got a letter, I bent it and no card, but I knew based on previous applications from people on here they send a letter asking for more info, so I had hope still.... 

---------

I opened the letter and lo and behold, after denying me 3 months ago, and denying my recon (and nothing has changed, still have over $300,000 in open credit card and personal line of credit lines and 22 credit cards, I seem to be on the right track, they are asking for (1) current pay stub showing current and year to date earnings (2) verification of physical address (utility bill), and (3) verification of other income and I can fax or mail the info in via a provided postage free envelope. Yes!!!!

I think I am close to approval this time around. The last card on my list for a while. I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens next as I will fax the info in tomorrow.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Simmons First Visa Platinum Card....I can see the light...

Good luck! That's alot of credit! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: Simmons First Visa Platinum Card....I can see the light...

@Anonymous wrote:
Good luck! That's alot of credit! Smiley Happy

^^^^^

Thanks, I just noted my credit amount since previous posts said Simmons is hesitant to open CC for people with a lot of outstanding credit. It appears in my case with a 780 or so score and no baddies (late or otherwise), in this try, they seems to be more receptive or it can be luck of the draw with Simmons, being very conservative.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Simmons First Visa Platinum Card....Almost approved

Very impressive! I have no experience with Simmons but maybe someone will chime in who does!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

I applied for a Simmons First Visa Platinum Credit card Sep 2014 and got denied, then reconed it, got denied. I was planning to wait six months and apply.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Simmons-Bank-Limbo/td-p/3455381/highlight/true

I couldn't wait and figured three months was enough time to have passed, here's a recap of my app aprocess:

--------

9/26/2014 recon, denied

12/15/2014 Request for addditional financial information: pay stub reflects current and year to date earnings, verification of current address (utility bill), verification of other income So as you can see on 12/15 in the mail I got a letter, I bent it and no card, but I knew based on previous applications from people on here they send a letter asking for more info, so I had hope still.... 

---------

I opened the letter and lo and behold, after denying me 3 months ago, and denying my recon (and nothing has changed, still have over $300,000 in open credit card and personal line of credit lines and 22 credit cards, I seem to be on the right track, they are asking for (1) current pay stub showing current and year to date earnings (2) verification of physical address (utility bill), and (3) verification of other income and I can fax or mail the info in via a provided postage free envelope. Yes!!!!

I think I am close to approval this time around. The last card on my list for a while. I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens next as I will fax the info in tomorrow.

What a long wait... you have plenty CL in case is a no no after verification of income is completed. .. Good luck

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! They are very stringent when approving new members. I think you've got it.

Message 6 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I would also think if they go through the hassel of requesting docs and take the time to review these it is getting closer to your dream cards...good luck!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

--------

9/26/2014 recon, denied

---------

What happened?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 9 of 11
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

I got approved. I previously mentioned this also in my thread.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.