Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So sad :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sad :(

I have to have some dental work done, so I did a little reading here about Credit Care. Long story short, I apped, they gave me a credit line of $13,000 @ 14.99. After getting the card, I had buyer's remorse, so I thought  oh what the heck, let me try an increase on my Barclay Rewards card so I can get a BT to cover the procedure or at least a part of it. Total needed ($6700).  DENIED.  Smiley Sad  Barclay's has always been good to me.  I'm wondering if I was denied because of the Credit Care approval.  Anyone want to venture to guess or enlighten me?  My scores are going to go down now too, I'm sure.  I do have quite a few inquiries also, so maybe that was part of it.  I had before the two hard pulls this week, 2 INQs on TU, 5 on EX, and 4 on EQ, all of them pulls from September to November of 2014.  I have no missed payments, and one derogatory that is due to fall off March 2016.  My utilization is at 20 %, although adding 6700 to Credit Care is going to mess that up. LOL  How low do you think I'm going to go?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So sad :(

Barclays is pretty inq sensitive so that could have something to do with it

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I hope my scores don't dip a ton.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores diped from about 760-730 to 711-720 when my uti went up to 26% and added a few more credit lines.. so be ready!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have that many inquiries.  More likely it was based on the 20% utilization.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really wish people would stop saying this.

They are new account sensitive. New accounts and inquiries aren't always concurrent.

Citi, however is quite the little baby about inquiries. Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were approved for double of what was required through Credit care... but you needed wanted more :X

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I really wish people would stop saying this.

They are new account sensitive. New accounts and inquiries aren't always concurrent.

Citi, however is quite the little baby about inquiries. Smiley Indifferent

+1. Couldn't have said it better myself. New accounts they hate. I know.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thing barclay will never know about my secret child, diners club. 😁
Message 9 of 21
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Do not let Barclay's get you down, they are finnicky and there are better Credit Card companies out there.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.