cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone describe apping in branch vs online?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Someone describe apping in branch vs online?

@Anonymous wrote:
As long as the results are as favorable or potentially more favorable when applying in branch, they can use smoke signals to send the app in for all I care 😉.

I'm just trying to make a determination personally if I should apply for a card in branch or online. I've only ever applied online before, so dealing with a human is a little out of my comfort zone.

If you have any sort of banking relationship with the institution, branch would be my hands-down choice because of the 'x-factor' of the branch manager possibly swinging it in your favor.  Without relationship, go with your comfort zone.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied in branch for my chase sapphire reserve the banker turned his computer to me and I applied online myself using his computer. He put a screen cover on it so I was the only one able to see what I was typing. I finished and he turned screen back to him waited a minute then turned it back to me showing approved. Then I had to wait 10 minutes while he called chase to confirm my 100k in points as the branch system was down. Almost exactly the same other than someone to share in a denial if it happened.
Message 12 of 15
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I didn't see the Chase banker's screen when he was filling out my app but he asked the same questions as if I was filling it out on the web page. If there is an additional pull  on the same day it would likely be combined as a duplicate by the credit bureaus at the end of the day.  He did hand the phone to me after the app and I did talk to someone in their credit card department. The only reason I went into the branch is because the bonus was bigger in the branch than online.  I'd rather app at home.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the bonus bigger in branch for everyone or was it specific to you?

I guess I can stop in branch to see if the 70k bonus points are available for me.  If it's just 50k, the same as apping online, I'd probably just roll with the online method that I'm familiar with.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave my local branch a call today and the guy that answered was actually the guy I opened up my checking and savings accounts with at Chase about 2 months back.  He actually remembered me, where I worked and shot the breeze with me for a few.  I told him I was interested in the CSP, normally only apply online for CCs but was considering stopping into the branch to apply.  I told him I know about the 50k points with the $4k spend in 3 months, but heard that in branch sometimes people can be offered 70k points which would make it worthwhile to me.  He said that he wouldn't know for sure if that offer would be possible until the application was started.  I figured they'd just search for pre-qualified offers in branch and it would say right then and there what my bonus would be.  He did also say that one of the perks of doing this in branch is that if anything goes wrong he would call right away and rectify any issue, which I kind of knew already anyway.  I guess I'm going to head in there next Tuesday and see what the deal is. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.