Sportsman's Guide Visa.....

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sportsman's Guide Visa.....

@Swapmeet wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

There was no hp lexie...so still in the garden!

No, sorry.  New TL = reset clock. 

Oh, okay. In that case, that was my last day in the garden. I must have misunderstood what gardening was over this past year. I thought that letting inqs age-off your report was gardening... Since my AAoA is fine, then I guess that the real use of gardening (e.g. Preventing new tradelines) is useless to me. Either way that one uses the term "gardening," I was coming out in early Jan anyhow. Thanks for the clarification Lex.

Well, another purpose is to let any new account ding fade, too.  A new TL will still have that new account ding and will drop AAoA, but hopefully your other TLs can help balance this out. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 21 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Swapmeet wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

There was no hp lexie...so still in the garden!

No, sorry.  New TL = reset clock. 

Oh, okay. In that case, that was my last day in the garden. I must have misunderstood what gardening was over this past year. I thought that letting inqs age-off your report was gardening... Since my AAoA is fine, then I guess that the real use of gardening (e.g. Preventing new tradelines) is useless to me. Either way that one uses the term "gardening," I was coming out in early Jan anyhow. Thanks for the clarification Lex.

Yep, gardening to let those new seedlings ie TLs grow. 

Message 22 of 33
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Shopping cart trick?

I must be doing something wrong, added 3 items and membership to cart, proceeded to check out and no pop ups appear. Repeated several times after clearing the history. Are these pop ups no longer appearing for the SG Visa?

My Ex score according to creditone is 682, Eq is 628 from DCU

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Shopping cart trick?

I must be doing something wrong, added 3 items and membership to cart, proceeded to check out and no pop ups appear. Repeated several times after clearing the history. Are these pop ups no longer appearing for the SG Visa?

My Ex score according to creditone is 682, Eq is 628 from DCU

The trick can be very hit or miss.  Besides your history, clear your cache.  Also try a different browser. Sometimes it many attempts to get the popup.  Try some other of the sites that it works on and see if you get the popup.  You don't  actually have to apply but it will give you an idea if Comenity likes you or not.

Message 24 of 33
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Hmmm? Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

I'm using Maverick and maybe pop-ups are blocked.

Message 25 of 33
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Tried every permutation I could think of thru FireFox, including registering as a customer...nada

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Tried every permutation I could think of thru FireFox, including registering as a customer...nada

Definitely make sure your pop up blocker is off.. I've had my luck on Chrome.  If you try other sites and don't get any offers then for some reason Comenity doesn't like you.

Message 27 of 33
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Yep, pop up blocker is off. Not sure why they wouldn't like me unless they're psychic???

Message 28 of 33
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

No luck at all multiple times. Not sure it would be prudent to apply without the pop-up invitation?

Message 29 of 33
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

I decided to submit a non pre-approved app and was approved instantly for $1500, plan to ask for $5000 on activation. I also applied for the Total Rewards but, got the "7-10 days" statement.

We'll see what happens but, it's another tradeline for now and no plans but, use it sparingly and PIF each month.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.