cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stale - No instant approval - Recon now or wait for letter?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Stale - No instant approval - Recon now or wait for letter?

You called (888) 245-0625?
Use that if not
Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@travisp33 wrote:

Alright, Ill give it a shot. (I did ask if I could explain the new accounts, but he just said it wouldn't matter. ) but maybe Ill have more luck with a different rep.

I am totally a revolver - If people want to float me at 0%, Im all game. Im actually sitting on a nice chunk of cash at the moment, and trying to decide what to pay vs transfer vs let ride. Maybe they figured out my wife has a slate, we bal transfered to it, let it ride until the last day, paid it in full, and never used it otherwise! Smiley Happy

Don't call yet... Give a like an hour and be prepared to call the next few days until you get the right analyst.....  If you call now, you may get the same person.

Just politely and innocently say I applied for the Slate and wanted to know if there is anything else needed to complete my application and then let them ask you a question.

Don't say:  I called a few minutes ago and the analyst said to go pound sand (jk).  Just don't volunteer that info.

Message 22 of 42
travisp33
Contributor

Current deat is about 38% on total avail revolving of ~125k. I do, however, have a bunch of assets (cash, investments) they didn't even bother to ask about. Iv'e kinda been hoarding cash for the last 18mos due to an IRS thing I was afraid would turn into a big problem, but which is now resolved.

I picked Slate because of the current 15mo 0% on transfers with no fee. Basically just looking to shuffle some money into zero % and pay the rest off.

Starting 6/13: Experian FAKOS are EX: 610 EQ: 602 TU: 582
Current 5/15: TU Fico: 724
NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@travisp33 wrote:

Current deat is about 38% on total avail revolving of ~125k. I do, however, have a bunch of assets (cash, investments) they didn't even bother to ask about. Iv'e kinda been hoarding cash for the last 18mos due to an IRS thing I was afraid would turn into a big problem, but which is now resolved.

I picked Slate because of the current 15mo 0% on transfers with no fee. Basically just looking to shuffle some money into zero % and pay the rest off.

38% is not bad... Pay close attention to what they say and come up with a rebuttal.  Be confident as these people are human beings... I don't believe in chit chatting with an analyst.  So be polite but get straight to the point.

Message 24 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@travisp33 wrote:

that's quite a bit to them and assets are not good to them if you don't pay the credit card bill.

chase will only let you transfer a max of $15k anyway.

Message 25 of 42
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

I tried earlier today for slate after being approved for the Hyatt, same day. Got declined for slate. Called recon and said too many accounts in the last 2 years. That's odd, my AAoA is 1.5 years. So yeah, every account but my Student loans are new (to chase). she didn't even let me explain the new accounts. Just said, sorry we can't reconsider this app at all! But she did say to enjoy my Hyatt card. Smiley LOL oh, and she did confirm that they used the same HP as the Hyatt app.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 26 of 42
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@travisp33 wrote:

38% is not bad... Pay close attention to what they say and come up with a rebuttal.  Be confident as these people are human beings... I don't believe in chit chatting with an analyst.  So be polite but get straight to the point.

Not bad? 38% of $125k? You're in my territory now. Prepare for denials Smiley Happy I got two Chase cards, Marriott and Hyatt in December and January, but I've got 18 years of various other card history with large balances, lots of history on too-high balances directly with Chase, was paid down substantially on Chase cards, and have had an active checking account with them for 4 years.

I'm guessing they see that large lump of debt and are not keen on getting it on their card.

Edit: And none of my Chase cards has any BT offers, even, especially, the Slate with an $11k limit that I'm still paying down over $5k on a Forever 4.99% rate one of their earlier banks gave me eons ago. They gave me PIF cards. The last card I closed with Chase in October was from 1998, because they converted the rate to 29.99%, it had a zero balance and they did not want to lower the rate.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is a little weird.  Could be the utilization chasing them away. (pun intended)  I have tried several times to get pre qualified and nothing pops up. I want a CSP or Ritz.  But I'm not even trying until next year.  I would call a couple of times.  Never hurts to try.

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're not weird. They're avoiding risk.
Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

True.  

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.