Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Department Federal Credit Union Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Department Federal Credit Union Offer

Did anyone else get this offer from SDFCU? It's a preapproval for their Visa with Flexpoints. The offer says I'll get either 7.99% or 9.99% interest rates. I have been a member for a couple of years and have accepted an offer for a loan just so I could get in the door. This offer surprises me. I had just about given up and was going to move on. 

I have to call or send in the application. I was thinking I might call tomorrow. I have no inquiries since January and had no plans for any. They usually pull Experian, which is my highest score now at 778. Just don't want to waste a HP.

If you received this offer, would you let me know? 

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: State Department Federal Credit Union Offer

I received the same offer today ML.😁
I get this one probably twice a year. They are so conservative. You'll probably be fine. I'll pass, I'm sure I'd be denied. If it were a true preapproval like Penfed. I'd snatch it up. Lol

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input, GM. I am going to pass on this. You just confirmed what I have been thinking. Thanks a million!Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't ever win unless you place a bet. lol

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't ever win unless you place a bet. lol

True that! lol

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, you can its called fixing but Ml is the lady typeSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied and do have that very same offer and i picked up MONEYLINE as the offer to apply. Applied for $5000 mentioning overdraft protection . They do not have auto overdraft protection and scores on Ex is 604 which is likely a denial.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied and do have that very same offer and i picked up MONEYLINE as the offer to apply. Applied for $5000 mentioning overdraft protection . They do not have auto overdraft protection and scores on Ex is 604 which is likely a denial.

Good luck!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck!

Were you approved?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was denied $1000 in overdraft protection becoz of my 570  Experian score.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.