cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at 49.5 with discover does this mean I'm maxed out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stuck at 49.5 with discover does this mean I'm maxed out?

Every time I've gotten an increase over the last 16 months all go to the 2 day review. Now all of a sudden it's the we are not able to increase your limit at this time msg twice now does this mean I'm finally maxed out I'm not complaining but 50k woulda been awesome thoughts ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Stuck at 49.5 with discover does this mean I'm maxed out?

1st world problems.

But, definitely CONGRATS!! 

That's an amazing limit. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discos broke somebody please fix Smiley Wink

OP, give them a call and see if they can give you a 500 sp bump, tell them AVJ aint getting any so to give you the one i should have gotten lolSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has your income increased?

Lenders also take your income in to consideration when they assign your limits. That is the ability to pay they often reference.

Message 4 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Disco broke something while fixing and issue 3/29 for Secured CLI's getting stuck in purgatory.  I'm guessing in the process we lost 2-days and got 3-5 days out of them for some reason which seems to have reset our time clocks for hitting the button.

More info... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/m-p/4802538

Message 5 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@austinguy907 wrote:

Disco broke something while fixing and issue 3/29 for Secured CLI's getting stuck in purgatory.  I'm guessing in the process we lost 2-days and got 3-5 days out of them for some reason which seems to have reset our time clocks for hitting the button.

More info... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-unOfficial-Data-Points/m-p/4802538

Somehow I suspect there is more to it then reset the time clocks.. I am a programmer for a living and more specifically I do database work and have Consulted for Chase CC services along with Credit One bank.. I can pretty much ensure you that it isn't a clock reset issue as every record in a database if one is competent in designing it will have various time stamps on tables/records thus the whole clock reset issue if you are doing a very simple comparison against a record in a table that has a time/date stamp to the system date(current date) and hat would throw that whole argument out.  They quite possibly broke something, but it isnt just as simple as a "clock reset" issue unless the unix/linux server clock got messed up, but can ensure you that wouldn't of happened either and would of been a huge issue and resolved the day that might of happened, but highly doubtful... Whether they broke something while fixing the secured card issue or whether it was intended we will not find out for some time.

Message 6 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I understand the whole DB thing as well.  When something got corrupted with the Secured DB pushing any CLI request on graduated accounts back into secured status and requesting additional deposits i.e the fix that was applied 3/29 to fix it.  Whether they touched another volume when fixing the secured issue which is possible since the accounts being affected were now just regular accounts they may have toggled a switch somewhere in the DB that impacted all regualr accounts.  If they didn't reconcile the two types of accounts correctly then there's another underlying issue.  The correlation between the fix, removing the 2-day reviews, and issuing 3-5's on valid accounts that should be aligible for an increase seems a little more than juts a coincidence.  Just some food for thought Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No my income hasn't increased I just really wanted to hit 50 I'll keep trying maybe I'll get lucky 1 more time 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.