Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch Sam's MC

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Synch Sam's MC

Who do I call to get an answer about approval? Called backdoor numbers and they say to wait for letter Smiley Mad

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Synch Sam's MC

If you applied in store you should know already.  If you applied online and didn't get an instant approval you will probably get a denial by mail that you will need to recon.

Message 2 of 9
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

If you applied in store you should know already.  If you applied online and didn't get an instant approval you will probably get a denial by mail that you will need to recon.

I hate waiting on letters

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

What number did you call?

Message 4 of 9
jim44
Established Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

+1 I applied twice for Sams Personal Credit  and both times the letter came back as a denial.  Sync is really picky about Sams Club credit, I have a few other cards with them with nice CL's. I was even granted a $4500 CLi with Lowes.  But when it comes to Sam's they are tough. 

Also it's been stated on here that Sync doesn't recon..... Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Are you sure that they didn't approve you for the regular store card version as a counteroffer or do you already have that version as well?

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@jim44 wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

+1 I applied twice for Sams Personal Credit  and both times the letter came back as a denial.  Sync is really picky about Sams Club credit, I have a few other cards with them with nice CL's. I was even granted a $4500 CLi with Lowes.  But when it comes to Sam's they are tough. 

Also it's been stated on here that Sync doesn't recon..... Smiley Sad

Well, you can TRY to recon. I just called in myself directly to Sam's Club credit analyst for a CLI and for a few moments thought that it might go thru, but nope, "you will get a letter in the mail" blurb again. I think that all my Synchrony accounts are totally Hard Wired for after 4th statement cut because that's always a YES.

As far as initial denials, that might well be the case.

Message 7 of 9
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

What number did you call?

I called the number in backdoor thread

Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A computer denial on card issuance is final, the underwriters will not be able to override it. CLI denial can be argued with a UW.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.