cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Amazon CLI Denial - What On Earth?!

tag
lahtiji
Valued Member

Synchrony Amazon CLI Denial - What On Earth?!

I tried my luck last week with SyncBank for some luv and a CLI on my Amazon store card, which has been open since October.

Denied, which I understand isn't that uncommon. I didn't take it personally, rather I figured the account wasn't old enough to qualify, even though I received an unrequested $200 CLI a month after opening the TL.

In today's mail, I get a letter from Synchrony, and I'm thinking, "Great, they'll tell me what held me back, and I'll know better for next time."

The reason given, "...insufficient experience at your current credit limit." Is that even English?

Has anyone else received this non-explanation explanation?

I'm tempted to do a recon through the number they gave me just to see if someone can tell me exactly what that means.

Starting Scores: EQ 624 2/4/13 TU 548 *ouch* 2/1/13 EX 566
Current Scores: 3/22/16 EQ 744 FICO TU 754 FICO EX 740 FICO

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Capital QS One $11,500 | SkyMiles Platinum AmEx $11,500 | Discover it $11,500 | Amazon SC $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $4,000 | Walmart SC $3,500 | Chevron/Texaco SC $2,500 | BrightStar CU Platinum Visa $2,500

Gardening for the forseeable future.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Amazon CLI Denial - What On Earth?!

@lahtiji wrote:

I tried my luck last week with SyncBank for some luv and a CLI on my Amazon store card, which has been open since October.

Denied, which I understand isn't that uncommon. I didn't take it personally, rather I figured the account wasn't old enough to qualify, even though I received an unrequested $200 CLI a month after opening the TL.

In today's mail, I get a letter from Synchrony, and I'm thinking, "Great, they'll tell me what held me back, and I'll know better for next time."

The reason given, "...insufficient experience at your current credit limit." Is that even English?

I'm tempted to do a recon through the number they gave me just to see if someone can tell me exactly what that means.

Seems plain English to me.  Are you fully utilizing the card?  What's the current CL? You can probably try your luck with Credit Solutions and see if that gives your account some leverage for a CLI.

Message 2 of 22
lahtiji
Valued Member

My reported utilization has been anywhere from 5-45%.

I would say "insufficient use of your current credit limit" would be much clearer.

Starting Scores: EQ 624 2/4/13 TU 548 *ouch* 2/1/13 EX 566
Current Scores: 3/22/16 EQ 744 FICO TU 754 FICO EX 740 FICO

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Capital QS One $11,500 | SkyMiles Platinum AmEx $11,500 | Discover it $11,500 | Amazon SC $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $4,000 | Walmart SC $3,500 | Chevron/Texaco SC $2,500 | BrightStar CU Platinum Visa $2,500

Gardening for the forseeable future.
Message 3 of 22
AintYouADaisy
New Contributor

@lahtiji wrote:

Cap 1 uses that excuse as well.  What it means is that you haven't had that limit long enough for them to know how responsible you'll be with it.  (I know, seriously?  Yes, seriously.)  They want to see you use it "properly" for a longer period of time before they consider increasing it.  My best suggestion :  Use the fire out of it, way up, then pay off/down as much as possible, monthly if you can.  Then give it another try.  

Message 4 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

go online and try the chat feature or else you can call credit solutions listed in helpful threads and backdoor numbers and ask for a cli through them and it's a sp.

This is a very common Sync denial letter.

Message 5 of 22
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Hi OP, care to share the credit analyst number.

Message 6 of 22
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@lahtiji wrote:

@lahtiji wrote:

HAHAHA, That's so funny. My husband did as well, he used about 10% of it every month for the last year. Requested a higher CLI and was denied. My husband has steller credit, and puts mine to shame. He got that same letter in the mail. 

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 7 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

"Credit solutions" listed in helpful threads above under backdoor numbers
Message 8 of 22
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thank you..this people are hard for recon or maybe they won't approve two application within short time.

Message 9 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditcurious74 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thank you..this people are hard for recon or maybe they won't approve two application within short time.

You CAN NOT recon a computer decline with Sync.

You can for sure get more than 1 account opened at same time... just depends on credit and which co-branded card you are applying for.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.