cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI.... harder to get than a security clearance.

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Synchrony CLI.... harder to get than a security clearance.

Anyone know what the secret to a synchrony CLI is....I have 5 cards with them for 2+ years and haven't gotten a single CLI  except the automatic ones 6 months in on Walmart and Amazon. All the rest have gotten decreases. I use them regularly and pay them off....my credit has improved..was even able to get a NFCU card for $7,500.....TU is my best report....

Whenever I get the rejection letters  they state that a TU report of more than 30 days is being used - the most recent was back from May for a CLI request last week. What can I do?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony CLI.... harder to get than a security clearance.

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Anyone know what the secret to a synchrony CLI is....I have 5 cards with them for 2+ years and haven't gotten a single CLI  except the automatic ones 6 months in on Walmart and Amazon. All the rest have gotten decreases. I use them regularly and pay them off....my credit has improved..was even able to get a NFCU card for $7,500.....TU is my best report....

Whenever I get the rejection letters  they state that a TU report of more than 30 days is being used - the most recent was back from May for a CLI request last week. What can I do?

I used the luv button to request a CLI for my Synchrony Paypal Extras MC 3 weeks ago and it was denied because they used a 2 month old score. Called 877-379-8173, requested they do a new SP and was approved for a 4k CLI. CL went from 1k to 5k. If you haven't called, I think it's worth a try.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your TU Fico score currently at? Can play a big part in asking for CLI's with Sync. DGF's TU wouldn't climb out of the 630 to 640 range the first 18 months she had a few of her Sync cards and other than an auto CLI or so on the Walmart and Amazon they would not budge. Not via the increase button, chat or even calling Credit Solutions. Once she hti 650 and now in the 660's the doors to CLI's have opened up and all of her Sync accounts have grown greatly. That's the other thing. Are you just hitting the increase limit buttion or have you jumped on chat or called in to try to get increases?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd, in my experience they give increases very easily. All you have to do is call credit solutions. I have 3 cards from them but other than. My 2% PayPal card, I only use them once every 2 months or so and pay them off in full. You either have a low score, low income or a low age of credit. If all three are 'decent' then your good
Message 4 of 11
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Synchrony increases are fairly easy once you get into 650+ score range... that's what happened with me a few years back before my financial crisis.... they rely on credit score as well as utilization I believe .... I paid off my dad's PayPal extras last week , he previously had it maxed out ($5000) and when the payment cleared, it increased to $7000 right after ... its weird... I haven't gotten any increases but my Walmart ($200) increase after having it for 6 months.... no increases on my PayPal and Amazon after having them for 7 months now.... I burned them for total of $16000 during my bk 19 months ago and I got back in @ my one year mark.... my scores are $630+ across the board... I'll try again next month when my utilization decrease since I paid off almost all of my cards ...I'm positive I'll hit $650 by then

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 5 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I echo those already chiming in assuming you have a good TU FICO 08 score and sufficent income call Credit Solutions to have them process the request. Go big and they'll counter offer assuming they don't give you what you asked for.

Message 6 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yup call CS.

I had the Amazon Prime for 2yrs before I got an increase.

Once my scores jumped from the low 600's to upper 600's, I called and was approved for my requested increase from my $800 SL to $2k.

Called back a week later, asked for $10k and they countered with an extra $2k.

Not bad and my TU is now at 699, so in a few months will call again and ask for another.

Good luck!
Message 7 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Wrong,if u keep call cc solutions  allot u might get all those cli and feel good and s...%  but they keep log on cli requests  they flag accounts and then lexus nexus will come down on your parade hard.

Message 8 of 11
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Call the robolady and say credit limit increase. If you had the card at least two months, you should be fine.
Message 9 of 11
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks for all of the resposes.I need to get an updated TU Fico, because I just had 3 judgements and a collection fall off of my reports. I do have 3 30-day late payments that could be keeping my score down - they are my only baddies. My UTI is up to, but was worse when they gave me an AUTO CLI after 6 months with my card. I was just approved for fairly large SL with NFCU, so I'll stop using my Synchrony cards, pay them down and then try again. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.