Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI schedule?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony CLI schedule?

Wow! I have read that the CLI luv is very similar to that of a roller coaster. I can say that for me getting CLI has been good so far, Walmart (store not the MC) SL was $800 now at $3400, Wayfair SL $4900, HSN SL $950 but decline for a Marvel MC in the past moth before I decided to go into the garden.

On the strage side, I was able to get a PENFED with a SL of $10k but denial for the Marvel ate at me until I realized that after some gardening discipline, I should be able to pick what cards that I want irregardless of my BK that was discharged in 2015. While gardening, Ill get my credit utilization down and then I should be sitting near the upper 600's or low 700's.

I wish everyone who has had some problems trying for CLI good luck  and hope that you get what you want in the near future.

Message 21 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if maybe I could prod Synchrony into a CLI next time around by pointing out that their competition (Comenity/Overstock) gave me a $4K SL right off the bat...

Actually, that's a good question now that I think of it. Has anyone ever successfully used that as a tactic when trying for a recon with one or the other?

Message 22 of 54
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if maybe I could prod Synchrony into a CLI next time around by pointing out that their competition (Comenity/Overstock) gave me a $4K SL right off the bat...

Actually, that's a good question now that I think of it. Has anyone ever successfully used that as a tactic when trying for a recon with one or the other?

I'll never discourage anybody from trying something new, however keep in mind that with Synch the CSRs generally give you anything you're eligible for up-front. 

My own experience (and that of many others) seems to indicate that they always try to meet your full request, and if not possible they will counter with the maximum the system will allow... they're not "holding back". 

Also note that Credit Solutions generally seems unconcerned with 'small talk' (or at least in my cases)... they are pretty much there to enter the info and try to give you what you want.  They truly don't care what you're planning to buy or why you need a CLI to begin with.

Message 23 of 54
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried the CLI button at my Amazon store card account again today (2 months after the first attempt), got another 7-10 day (denial) message. *sigh* Does Synchrony ever increase CL's without prompting on the part of the customer?

I've gone from $700 to $5000 on Amazon and have ALWAYS been denied via luv button. Call Credit Solutions.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 24 of 54
creditmonger
Contributor

My apologies. I had assumed we were always referring to Credit Solutions. I concur. The brand's site is worthless. Always go to CS.

How often or when to apply? Whenever your income or TU score has gone up a noticeable amount.
BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 25 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I despise talking on the phone but finally tried CS for my Amazon card. I'm at $800 and requested $3000 (the highest limit of my current cards). The lady who helped me was super nice but I was denied for anything. Not even a bump to $1000. Bummer. Not a big deal but I see everyone else having great success so I was rather let down.

Oh well, makes it easier to save money.because I always end up reluctant to use a card after a denial. Not good enough for a CLI huh? Well just sit there in the SD then... LOL
Message 26 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrsCHX wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried the CLI button at my Amazon store card account again today (2 months after the first attempt), got another 7-10 day (denial) message. *sigh* Does Synchrony ever increase CL's without prompting on the part of the customer?

I've gone from $700 to $5000 on Amazon and have ALWAYS been denied via luv button. Call Credit Solutions.

Well, the previous time I tried a CLI via button, I called Credit Solutions a few minutes later and got turned down flat; the letter I got had a whole raft of reasons, among them my BK and my score being too low. Of course, that was two months ago, but I'm not sure it'd be any more successful this time. (Then again, I probably asked for too large a CLI last time as well; I'd been advised to ask for $10k, but dialed it down to $6k.)

Message 27 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I despise talking on the phone but finally tried CS for my Amazon card. I'm at $800 and requested $3000 (the highest limit of my current cards). The lady who helped me was super nice but I was denied for anything. Not even a bump to $1000. Bummer. Not a big deal but I see everyone else having great success so I was rather let down.

Oh well, makes it easier to save money.because I always end up reluctant to use a card after a denial. Not good enough for a CLI huh? Well just sit there in the SD then... LOL

That's why I was asking whether it might be worth it to tell the person at Credit Solutions that Comenity approved me for $4000 and ask them if they were willing to try to match that.

Message 28 of 54
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Synchrony cares about your TU score. Period.

Not your usage. Not if you PIF or not. TU score. 

If you got approved with low scores something like 650, 680, 700 will get you bumps. If you've gone froms ay 600 to 620? Probably no CLI for you.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 29 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's why I was asking whether it might be worth it to tell the person at Credit Solutions that Comenity approved me for $4000 and ask them if they were willing to try to match that.

I did not specifically tell them that my other CL was $3000, I just used that when I was deciding what seemed reasonable to ask for given my scores. My TU scores had increased 50 pts since I opend the card but that may not have been enough. I have had to do lots of waiting when others with, what seem on the surface, similar files have had great sucesses right away so you may pull somehting impressive today. Certainly doesn't hurt to ask. Smiley Happy 

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.