Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

0 Kudos

Synchrony CLI

I've had my PayPal Extras MC for 2 years and figured I could try for a CLI. Using the chat feature the rep said that every amount I asked for couldn't be approved, and that the system was not offering partial increases. Will calling the backdoor number after being denied using the chat yield a different result? 

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Capital One Quicksilver, PayPal Extras MC, Discover It, Citi ThankYou Preferred, Barclays Apple Rewards
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLI

You can try calling Credit Solutions and ask for a cli. Some see better results. If you are still being denied then theres something holding back your reports that they dont want to give increases after 2 years.
Established Member

Synchrony can be very generous or very conservative with CLIs depending on your history with that account and your overall credit profile.

Example of generous:  I got an additional 13k in limit this month from Synchrony on cards I lightly use and owe almost nothing on most (all under 40% utilization on last report)

Example of conservative:  I've had an American Eagle Visa for about 4 years, and I had a 30 day late payment two years ago.  They still won't give me a CLI on this card, even though I have Synchrony cards with over 3x the limit of this one.

Be responsible with your usage and get balances low, and if your report supports the increase, Synchrony can be generous.

Good luck.

Allowing accounts to age before doing anything further.

Cards in my wallet: Amex PRG, Amex Gold Delta, Discover IT, Chase Amazon Prime VS, Capital One Quicksilver, Target Red Credit

Sock drawer: Lots of old store cards for history and utilization padding, some lame no AF cards I drunk-apped

Next Cards: AMEX Everyday,, maybe Chase AARP
Valued Member

[ Edited ]

Synchrony is a weird animal.  Today both myself and my girlfriend attempted first statement cut CLI requests via chat. 

I have three synchrony cards (walmart, amazon, and BP) -  my score is 652 TU FICO8 from their site and I was denied on all three, only requested moderate increases to 2000, no joy

She has one Synchrony card (walmart) her score is 681 TU FICO8 from their site and increased from 900 to 5000 (possibly left money on the table since it was such a fast review)

Yeah its a 30 point difference, but we are both fair scores with thin profiles, and this was for both of us, our first statement.

So I dunno. 

The rule of thumb is to wait for 3 cuts, but her experience is clearly an anomaly

Meanwhile comenity gave me over 2500 in increases across my cards there yesterday (one of them hasnt even cut a first statement yet), so some of this stuff has no rhyme or reason.

In the garden since 9/15/17 = Last FICO Update: 10/20/17 = CL 15,800 = EX 652 = TU 657 = EQ 650 = Make credit great again!

Super Contributor

CreditGame, you hit the nail on the head, your GF's score is prime territory where Syncs cli usually start hitting those 4-5k marks. Once you start getting into 670-690 range you will see really good results. Kerp the faithSmiley Happy
Regular Contributor

I did a CLI request with my Old Navy card. My score was I think 696 or 700. Went from 5k asked for 10k and offered me 7k. I took it. I have heavy usage with PIF status. It's currently my highest personal card without being an AU. I got this card with $1K SL in February.

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 710 TU: 710 EX: 708
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Valued Member
0 Kudos

AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CreditGame, you hit the nail on the head, your GF's score is prime territory where Syncs cli usually start hitting those 4-5k marks. Once you start getting into 670-690 range you will see really good results. Kerp the faithSmiley Happy

I figured as much, 30 points is 30 points, and i know the mid600s is a tough nut to crack.  In a couple months when i age a bit ill give it another go, but she was all clappy clappy happy when that popped up and im like mehhhh

>_>  Im so jelly, that limit is double my highest.

In the garden since 9/15/17 = Last FICO Update: 10/20/17 = CL 15,800 = EX 652 = TU 657 = EQ 650 = Make credit great again!

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

I stay away from store cards. Interest is too high for my taste. DW loves them so I've been BTing to a low interest card to save her a few hundred a month. Now she sees the light.lol

Highlighted
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Curious if all of these CLI attempts were soft pulls? I read through search that sometimes it's soft pull (care credit) and sometimes it's H.P for the same account. The uncertainty is why I have not pulled the trigger as I want to be inquiry free for another few years, barring having to co-sign for my wife's business or my own business.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.