Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI

tag
awg420
Regular Contributor

Synchrony CLI

I've had my PayPal Extras MC for 2 years and figured I could try for a CLI. Using the chat feature the rep said that every amount I asked for couldn't be approved, and that the system was not offering partial increases. Will calling the backdoor number after being denied using the chat yield a different result? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLI

You can try calling Credit Solutions and ask for a cli. Some see better results. If you are still being denied then theres something holding back your reports that they dont want to give increases after 2 years.
Message 2 of 9
mr_awesome
Established Member

Synchrony can be very generous or very conservative with CLIs depending on your history with that account and your overall credit profile.

Example of generous:  I got an additional 13k in limit this month from Synchrony on cards I lightly use and owe almost nothing on most (all under 40% utilization on last report)

Example of conservative:  I've had an American Eagle Visa for about 4 years, and I had a 30 day late payment two years ago.  They still won't give me a CLI on this card, even though I have Synchrony cards with over 3x the limit of this one.

Be responsible with your usage and get balances low, and if your report supports the increase, Synchrony can be generous.

Good luck.

Payding down debt to prep for a mortgage.

Cards in my wallet: Amex Gold, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Lowes Advantage

Sock drawer: Lots of old store cards and not great no-rewards cards for history and utilization padding, some lame no AF cards I drunk-apped

Next Cards: AMEX Everyday and Chase Freedom?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony is a weird animal.  Today both myself and my girlfriend attempted first statement cut CLI requests via chat. 

I have three synchrony cards (walmart, amazon, and BP) -  my score is 652 TU FICO8 from their site and I was denied on all three, only requested moderate increases to 2000, no joy

She has one Synchrony card (walmart) her score is 681 TU FICO8 from their site and increased from 900 to 5000 (possibly left money on the table since it was such a fast review)

Yeah its a 30 point difference, but we are both fair scores with thin profiles, and this was for both of us, our first statement.

So I dunno. 

The rule of thumb is to wait for 3 cuts, but her experience is clearly an anomaly

Meanwhile comenity gave me over 2500 in increases across my cards there yesterday (one of them hasnt even cut a first statement yet), so some of this stuff has no rhyme or reason.

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CreditGame, you hit the nail on the head, your GF's score is prime territory where Syncs cli usually start hitting those 4-5k marks. Once you start getting into 670-690 range you will see really good results. Kerp the faithSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

I did a CLI request with my Old Navy card. My score was I think 696 or 700. Went from 5k asked for 10k and offered me 7k. I took it. I have heavy usage with PIF status. It's currently my highest personal card without being an AU. I got this card with $1K SL in February.

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CreditGame, you hit the nail on the head, your GF's score is prime territory where Syncs cli usually start hitting those 4-5k marks. Once you start getting into 670-690 range you will see really good results. Kerp the faithSmiley Happy

I figured as much, 30 points is 30 points, and i know the mid600s is a tough nut to crack.  In a couple months when i age a bit ill give it another go, but she was all clappy clappy happy when that popped up and im like mehhhh

>_>  Im so jelly, that limit is double my highest.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stay away from store cards. Interest is too high for my taste. DW loves them so I've been BTing to a low interest card to save her a few hundred a month. Now she sees the light.lol

Message 8 of 9
jbh
Established Contributor

Curious if all of these CLI attempts were soft pulls? I read through search that sometimes it's soft pull (care credit) and sometimes it's H.P for the same account. The uncertainty is why I have not pulled the trigger as I want to be inquiry free for another few years, barring having to co-sign for my wife's business or my own business.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.