Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony QVC & Amazon CLI ?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Synchrony QVC & Amazon CLI ?

I have a couple of questions about Synchrony. I have an Amazon card and want to request a CLI via a rep. I am also considering apping for their QVC CC. So, I'm wondering which I should do first. Or if it matters. 

Also, do they take into acct positive history with their other accts when approving/declining? I have Walmart and Amazon with positive histories (WM is from 2010 and Amazon is from 2015). So wondering if that would help w/approval, or if they go strictly by the CR. I don't have any negs, but do have high util right now. 

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony QVC & Amazon CLI ?

Synchrony can be a strange beast and can take any factor they want into account. While I personally don't believe it matters, I would do the CLI first, and then do the application.

In theory, the computer isn't going to know you got a CLI on a different branded account. However, a human underwriter can take a look at your entire portfolio and possibly take it into account. A human could possibly see you just applied for another branded account and start asking questions.

That's my $0.02.
Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always try to get soft pull increases first, especially ones that don't backhand HP. Synchrony behaves.

The data points don't prove one synchrony limit is going to make another synchrony limit better, my limits are all over the place for no reason.

The good thing is if you can get your limits up and another month report other banks you want accounts with will see the higher limits and that will help
Message 3 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I've been told that the Synchrony CLI is a SP, even when you go through a rep. So, if I CLI first, they won't know about the CLI when I app (which I know will be a HP). Right? 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 5
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

On my Sync WalMart card I was able to get it from $1200 to $5K in a month just by hitting the love button.  I tried for a increase on my Amazon card right after getting approved and it was denied and the luv button is hidden on my online profile.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.