Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony approval "rules"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony approval "rules"

Hey guys, so I've read that Synchrony apparently gets a bit sensitive if you open so many different Synchrony cards, but I don't have any presently (had 2 store cards back in college, both closed for years due to inactivity). In the last 3 years I've opened 2 personal cards with Chase, 3 more with credit unions, and a business card with Chase - all since July. I'm also planning to apply for 7 more cards, none of them with Synchrony, before finishing my app queue by applying for the PayPal Cash back card. Will having so many recent accounts be an issue with Synchrony?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony approval "rules"

Within 13 months of my re-building, WalMart was my fourth CC. JC Penney was my 14th at the 27th month.

WM was the first CC I applied for online out of the blue, no pre-qualified, no mail offerings, nothing during my re-building. JCP was a former card which dropped me though I was never late and always PIF. FWIW: I applied in the store to take advantage of the unbelievable discounts for my purchase. SCL was $1900.00 The cashier said my limit was the second most she had seen, $2K was the most.  Both CC have grown, none have PC to a Visa.

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Should be ok, its normally opening various Sync accounts in short time frame that can be bad.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCreditwrote:
Should be ok, its normally opening various Sync accounts in short time frame that can be bad.

Yes - I opened my three Synchrony accounts pretty well spaced apart (Amazon Thanksgiving 2016, Walmart early 6/17, Care Credit late October 2017) and haven't had any problems. I'm still cogitating on trying for the Marvel Mastercard later this year, but I want to give my latest series of HP's time to cool down first.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like my plan should work out fine. I just was approved for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum, so I'm gonna take a little bit to catch up on this and another minimum spend I'm doing, then apply for the Prestige - hopefully there's a solid SUB at the time, take some time for that, and then! I'll be applying for the last 6 cards all at the same time, possibly the same day, as between all 6 the minimum spends total to $2500.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.