cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncrony / GE Capital Refuses to approve me.

tag
MacMan313
Contributor

Syncrony / GE Capital Refuses to approve me.

For the life of me I cannot get an approval from anything GE / Syncrony related. Over the last 8 years I have tried for several of their cards. Nothing.. Ever. At one point pre BK i had a 700 with solid credit history.

I had a STAR card that I fell behind on at one point but I do not believe it was issued by GE. Since it was military related, the late payment was auto garnished the following month. 

EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Syncrony / GE Capital Refuses to approve me.

Try Care Credit......I bet you get approved there. That will be your foot in the door.
Message 2 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you only have the capital one secured card and a 620 TU score I would not apply for any Sync cards just yet.  You need to establish more credit history than just 1 account and address the baddies if it's more than BK.

Message 3 of 17
MacMan313
Contributor

I have no use for Care Credit tho

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

what was last sync card you applied for and what was score they sent you and reasons on denial letter?

Message 5 of 17
MacMan313
Contributor

Last sync card was walmart. Reason was # of collection accounts.

I have 3 collection accounts, all discharged in bk

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Community nor AMEX forgive. You will never open account with them if you do not pay back in full what was charged off.

Chase is almost as bad.
Message 7 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Community nor AMEX forgive. You will never open account with them if you do not pay back in full what was charged off.

Chase is almost as bad.

that's simply not true.

While amex is up at the top of the list of banks that can blacklist forever, many find they can get back in 7-8 years post bk.

commenity or community? commenity FOR SURE forgives and does it fast!

chase is another some have real blacklist issues and others none!

OP, do the collection accounts show "INCLUDED IN BK" and closed with $0 balance?

You need to dispute the collection accounts otherwise as not reporting correctly.

Message 8 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh sorry, also didn't even notice your bk is just 3 months old... Give it a minute!

keep checking your pre-qual offers for Capital one for an unsecured offer.

Message 9 of 17
MacMan313
Contributor

Yes all accounts show IIB except my child support which im sure wouldnt be held against me, im not pastdue.

I was even denied with my 700 score and an almost flaweless report.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.