Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD $200 PreSelect App

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

TD $200 PreSelect App

So I app'd fot the TD Cash Rewards card after getting a mailer telling me I was preselected.  It has $200 Cash back after spending $500, which seemed like a rather nice deal since Christmas is coming up.  I got the 7-10 message, which I was half expecting.  So my questions are;

Are they inquiry sensitive?

Are they quick at doing the review?

Are they conservative like US Bank, middle of the road like Barclays, or easy like Capital One?

Any other helpful information would be appreciated.

The only relationship I have with them is the Target Red card that they manage.  I realize it is not a true relationship, but that might be good.  My profile has improved since I got the Red Card so if they have any of that information on file and see my scores now I should be OK.  (Unless they hate inquiries, I have just gotten two new cards; one from Chase and one from Citi.  I also have some inquiries from app'ing for an auto loan.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TD $200 PreSelect App

What are your scores? The Td manager told me they only look at your score 🙄 Which makes no sense. She said the magic number was either 670 or 680.
Message 2 of 6
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What are your scores? The Td manager told me they only look at your score 🙄 Which makes no sense. She said the magic number was either 670 or 680.

Well if that is the case then I should be 'Golden'.  I have a 760 -780 FICO score, depending on the version.  One of my cards gives me the FICO Bankcard 8 and that score was a 780 last I checked.  Even if it dropped a bit from two new cars and auto loan inquiries it should still be well above the 680 threshhold.  I have a 750 consumer loan score, according to my car loan app. 

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah you're good! I bank with TD. After the bonus the card is not great. I actually got the BOA cash reward card instead. I even told TD that boa puts out a better card. 0% interest for 15 months, and 3% cash back on groceries m, 2% on gas. 😊
Message 4 of 6
12njoy
Super Contributor

@TiggerDat wrote:

So I app'd fot the TD Cash Rewards card after getting a mailer telling me I was preselected.  It has $200 Cash back after spending $500, which seemed like a rather nice deal since Christmas is coming up.  I got the 7-10 message, which I was half expecting.  So my questions are;

Are they inquiry sensitive?

Are they quick at doing the review?

Are they conservative like US Bank, middle of the road like Barclays, or easy like Capital One?

Any other helpful information would be appreciated.

The only relationship I have with them is the Target Red card that they manage.  I realize it is not a true relationship, but that might be good.  My profile has improved since I got the Red Card so if they have any of that information on file and see my scores now I should be OK.  (Unless they hate inquiries, I have just gotten two new cards; one from Chase and one from Citi.  I also have some inquiries from app'ing for an auto loan.)

Good luck.  Not much positive things here about TD.  I was lucky and got the TD Aeroplan card after a successful recon for 22k.  Don't know how I got it with 30+ inquiries but I did.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 5 of 6
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

To me the positive thing is that they will give me $200 for spending $500.  I doubt I will use the card much after that, but hey it's a free $200.  I called them yesterday and they said I was declined because I was not in their footprint.  I then got back online and used another address I have in their footprint and called back and they did some verification.  I almost laughed at the verification, they asked me to name any other two credit card accounts that I had.  I just started naming them off.  While I wasn't approved instantly at they point the lady said that it looked good and that a manager just had to sign off on it.  So hopefully in about 20 to 30 minutes I will be getting good news when I call and ask about it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.