Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card CLI????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Red Card CLI????

Does anyone know How I should go about getting a CLI for my Target Red Card.? There doesnt appear to be a luv button anywhere.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Red Card CLI????

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know How I should go about getting a CLI for my Target Red Card.? There doesnt appear to be a luv button anywhere.

Mine were automatic. Went $300 ---> $800 ----> $1300. It was when my limit was $800 that I made some big purchases and had a $650 balance that reported once. I paid that off and got the CLI to $1300 a statement or two later.

Not sure if my pattern of usage plays into it or not. This card is a tricky beast. I got lucky, but some folks are perpetually stuck with low limits. I think they basically give you more when they feel like it. LOL.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! I really hope they give me an increase soon. I saw on some other threads that sometimes you can move the process along by changing your financial information as far as how much you make per year. Not sure but somethings gotta give. lol

Message 3 of 20
dreamy10250
Valued Member

I just got increase. I opened my account in 11/2016 with $300 use fairly regularly for small purchases did a big purchase then paid it. Just checked they increased to $700. There is hope

Message 4 of 20
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately, Target does not issue CLIs by request.   However, updating your Income information (even if you key in the same amount you had) on the website and letting a balance post (i.e., don't pay your current balance to zero before statement close) seems to increase your odds.  I could use a little Target LUV myself, so hopefully, this will work for me, too.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did just that a second ago. Hopfeully Target shows us some love this time around. Thank You!!!

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target likes to see lots of use and a balance report. Also updating income helps. I have had my card since September of 2016 and have gotten two auto cli so far I have gone from $500 > 1,000 > 1,700. I say leave big balance when your statement cuts.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ive had a target redcard 5.5 years ($700) . had FICO @ 750 at that time. i'm over 800 now  never been late, always used it   they refuse to give me a  CLI (they are acyually obnoxious about it when you ask)

Message 8 of 20
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Don't give up hope.

Was finally given 4 automatic CLI after having the card for 5+ years.

I always carried a balance, almost maxed. I didn't use the card for 2 months and that's when the first CLI happened.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whens the last time you updated your income info? Try updating it. Add a couple dollars. That should get a reaction out of them. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.