Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Redcard Approval

tag
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Target Redcard Approval

Well I was in Target earlier, and decided I needed to reapply for a Target card since the Target close to my house has produce now, and is actually cheaper than Walmart and HEB now.

So I told the lady I wanted to apply, and it practically made her day lol.

She took my info, and it printed out a slip, and she asked if I wanted to put my purchase on the new card, and I said sure.

When she handed me the slip, I almost fell over!

My old Target card I closed about a year ago, because the crappy limit was only $200.

Well my new Target card has a $3,000 limit!!!  Yay for Target for finally giving out decent limits now.

I am sure they pulled EQ, where my score is somewhere around 720.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target Redcard Approval

That's awesome, my wife got approved last week for $2500 with a 728.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 21
awal
Regular Contributor

Congrats. I got a letter in the mail from Target about 2 weeks ago with a CLI, that I didnt ask for. Old limit was 2200, new limit is 3300. It might have something to do with me moving within 2 miles of a Target. I'm in that place at least 4 times per week...Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 3 of 21
MagicShot
Contributor

@awal wrote:

Congrats. I got a letter in the mail from Target about 2 weeks ago with a CLI, that I didnt ask for. Old limit was 2200, new limit is 3300. It might have something to do with me moving within 2 miles of a Target. I'm in that place at least 4 times per week...Smiley Happy

I just got a letter saying they upped mine to 1500 from 1000 where it was for at least 2-3 years

Message 4 of 21
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Okay I am now officially PO'ed!  I have had my hard for almost 6 years and it is still at a 200 limit. What on earth do I do. I finally cut it up and have not been using it at all. I currently have a 758 score. This is ridiculous.

Message 5 of 21
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@laryn41 wrote:

Okay I am now officially PO'ed!  I have had my hard for almost 6 years and it is still at a 200 limit. What on earth do I do. I finally cut it up and have not been using it at all. I currently have a 758 score. This is ridiculous.

Have you ever requested a CLI?  I would call and ask.  Remember, it's also not all score, although with a six year history on this card (assuming never late) and a 758, no matter what your income is, I would think you should have a higher limit than $200.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 6 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You can not request increase with Target.

Nice to read about some letters showing up recently with CLI... Hope one of my 4 gets an increase!

Message 7 of 21
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

You can not request increase with Target.

Nice to read about some letters showing up recently with CLI... Hope one of my 4 gets an increase!

Thanks for that info.  Didn't know that.  My wife handles the Redcard in the family.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 8 of 21
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

same here. $500 CL and no increases in four years with no late payment etc. Told the same thing that you could not request CLI but also told that if you use your card regularly (even if you PIF) that the chances of CLI go up. Might be BS but who knows.

Message 9 of 21
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I have been a great customer!! Never late. Used my card all the time. Call regularly to see when I maybe eligable (even though I know you can't request a CLI). It's ridiculous. This being one of my older cards I can't see myself closing it and waiting a year to re-apply. That's how long they told me you would have to wait to re-apply after you close their card. I don't know what's up with them. I am totally not using the card though.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.