Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Testing out some more random comenity SCT offers

Vickie's reports without use for me.

Message 61 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do stay on as a positive but they don't update like when you get a CLI and such. One if my Comenity cards was open in June of 14, used it once and SD'D it. During that time, I had multiple CLI but the reports stayed at $250 even though it was much higher because I didn't use it. Once I got to $950, I made a $25 purchase and let it report, boom it updated. So even though I could possibly get a higher limit on Serta, I just don't really have a need for it because it will never get used and I don't really want the hit to my AAOA at this point once it does initially report.
Message 62 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
See... that's what I needed to hear! I forget Comenity doesn't report without use! You just saved me from this card! Thank you! And yeah, I know! My utilization has always been under 30% total but I recently paid off most of my cards thanks to your advice and not carrying balances on several cards. The above 64% Utilization bring reported was on a card with a $500 limit and I accidentally let it report that way. I paid it off 2 days after reporting. :/

That's not true regarding Comenity not reporting without use.

I have 2 small Comenity cards from 2 years ago - Linen Source and Express -- NEVER ever used the card and never asked for a CLI. Both have reported for the past 24 months as positive.

Luck of the draw.

Message 63 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They do stay on as a positive but they don't update like when you get a CLI and such. One if my Comenity cards was open in June of 14, used it once and SD'D it. During that time, I had multiple CLI but the reports stayed at $250 even though it was much higher because I didn't use it. Once I got to $950, I made a $25 purchase and let it report, boom it updated. So even though I could possibly get a higher limit on Serta, I just don't really have a need for it because it will never get used and I don't really want the hit to my AAOA at this point once it does initially report.

My Overstock hasn't reported since last use when it's CL was $2,700. It is now $4,000.

Message 64 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly! Even though the line is listed as a positive, they're not getting reported monthly making them pretty much the same as inactive.
Message 65 of 74
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Exactly! Even though the line is listed as a positive, they're not getting reported monthly making them pretty much the same as inactive.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY......Im not getting a few CLI on certain cards... Its Comenity, so its EQ...and my denial letters say..."unable to verify history from other credit grantors"  oh BS!  LOL...Ive got umpteen people reporting, I find it hard to believe they cant verify history with other creditor grantors...

Message 66 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got the pop-up but the submit didn't work Smiley Sad

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 11.50.44 PM.jpg

Ron.

Message 67 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 68 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a pre approval for LinenSource too... declined. Ron, maybe you should contact customer setvice. Someone else had that problem but their information did go through and it seems like they were approved for $8000.
Message 69 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got a pre approval for LinenSource too... declined. Ron, maybe you should contact customer setvice. Someone else had that problem but their information did go through and it seems like they were approved for $8000.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to do the chat. They weren't opened. I might try it later.

Ron.

Message 70 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.