Did you mean: 

The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

@SecretAzure wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:
  1. weird this is so hit and miss... trying to find a pattern...Probably most likely length w/barcleys not just with the card you are asking for

I feel like this does help to have more time with them but for sure some people have gotten these without much history at all. And I think it depends on what your Util looks like to them over all your cards and not so much how many cards or total CL.

I think when banks send you attractive BT offers (0% APR, reduced BT fee etc) which are not part of their regular terms, your credit in their eyes has improved. It may not be a bad idea to try reducing purchase APR or getting an SP CLI. Clearly, the bank trusts you more and would like to get more business from you. It's not a hard and fast rule, but worked with both Discover and Barclays for me.

Message 181 of 503
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a SP, but I got approved for a Ring for CL larger than both my other Barclay's cards today.

That's pretty cool. Just checked the link. Congrats !

Ok I'm now jealous. I want to ask for another CLI now but I don't want to push my luck. Also, I need to confirm whether the supposed SP was actually SP or not. CK has been acting weird for a few months; and I don't pay for any other monitoring service.

Not applying for anything for a while. Planning to get an auto loan in summer. Will check out if there's something interesting after that.

Message 182 of 503
Runitup
Regular Contributor

Have had the card for two weeks and just got a 23% SP CLI to $16k.  Used the 24/7 analyst number.  Said that because it was within the 30 day period of approval I was eligible. Asked a bunch of questions about why I need it, do I usually PIF, what I usually use the cards for, etc.  Asked about job and income. etc.  Asked what CL I would like.  She said they could do better than my SL and that it's available immediately.  I'm pretty sure I could've gotten more but I'm happy with it.

I haven't used the card as much as I have wanted to (trying to reach the $1k spending requirement for the $250 Amex BCP bonus) but I plan on wearing it out in the near future.

Stats:  Less than 2% utilization, 807 TU per Barclay, $90k income.

Message 183 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Runitup wrote:

Have had the card for two weeks and just got a 23% SP CLI to $16k.  Used the 24/7 analyst number.  Said that because it was within the 30 day period of approval I was eligible. Asked a bunch of questions about why I need it, do I usually PIF, what I usually use the cards for, etc.  Asked about job and income. etc.  Asked what CL I would like.  She said they could do better than my SL and that it's available immediately.  I'm pretty sure I could've gotten more but I'm happy with it.

I haven't used the card as much as I have wanted to (trying to reach the $1k spending requirement for the $250 Amex BCP bonus) but I plan on wearing it out in the near future.

Stats:  Less than 2% utilization, 807 TU per Barclay, $90k income.

I don't think this falls into the same category, I did the same thing but I think this is more of a "Lets make the new members happy and give a little extra" type of thing. I have about half your CL though lol. Try again in a few months for more CLI with soft pull! Smiley Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 184 of 503
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I had some baddies and tax liens fall off of my TU report this month so I've been waiting for my score to update on their website before I call.  Of course this might be the month that it doesn't update.  Looking back at my score history that started in May of '14, I see that it doesn't happen every month. I have scores from -

May 2nd

July 7th

Sept 5th

Oct 20th (I think this might be the month that I changed my statement closing date)

Dec 19th

Feb 19th

Aside from the month that I changed the statement closing date, it looks like they provide scores every two months. If that is the case, I'll just wait until this time next month. It might not matter but I rather have more in my favor to possibly provide a better outcome. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 185 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I had some baddies and tax liens fall off of my TU report this month so I've been waiting for my score to update on their website before I call.  Of course this might be the month that it doesn't update.  Looking back at my score history that started in May of '14, I see that it doesn't happen every month. I have scores from -

May 2nd

July 7th

Sept 5th

Oct 20th (I think this might be the month that I changed my statement closing date)

Dec 19th

Feb 19th

Aside from the month that I changed the statement closing date, it looks like they provide scores every two months. If that is the case, I'll just wait until this time next month. It might not matter but I rather have more in my favor to possibly provide a better outcome. 

I would do the same! Anything to increase my chances. Keep this pinned/bookmarked and let us know the good news when you have some...or the bad but I bet good! Smiley Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 186 of 503
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

May 2nd

July 7th

Sept 5th

Dec 19th

Feb 19th

typically every two months for me as well.. although others get pulled 3-4 times a month, for whatever reason, but typical is eveyr two months

Message 187 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called last week for my Apple Rewards Visa card tha ive had since November...No sp CLI offer and no APR decrease. Only wanted to offer 0% on a purchase from the Apple store(i hate Apple products BTW) so i didnt take advantage of it.

Message 188 of 503
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called last week for my Apple Rewards Visa card...No sp CLI offer and no APR decrease. Only wanted to offer 0% on a purchase from the Apple store(i hate Apple products BTW) so i didnt take advantage of it.

You hate Apple products but you have an Apple Rewards Visa, WTH?

Message 189 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I called last week for my Apple Rewards Visa card...No sp CLI offer and no APR decrease. Only wanted to offer 0% on a purchase from the Apple store(i hate Apple products BTW) so i didnt take advantage of it.

You hate Apple products but you have an Apple Rewards Visa, WTH?

Wife just had to have a Macbook Air, which ended up not even going on the card.

Message 190 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.