Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

lI caledtenuber on the back of my Arriva car - 866-558-1107 - I have had the cardsnce May 2014 so I stll have the 0% intro rate - I hit 0 to speak to a CSR - they tranferred met a "Relatinship Manager" -a very nice woman in the state of Maine got on the phone - I asked what my rate will be after the intro peiriod.  She checked and said it would be 18.99% - I askedif that rate coul be reduced.  She said I would have to call back once the new rate started in early May.  I then askedif there wereany SP CLI offers and she indicated no - any CLI would bea HP.  I declined.  I will call back once the interest rate commences.

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 221 of 503
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

lI caledtenuber on the back of my Arriva car - 866-558-1107 - I have had the cardsnce May 2014 so I stll have the 0% intro rate - I hit 0 to speak to a CSR - they tranferred met a "Relatinship Manager" -a very nice woman in the state of Maine got on the phone - I asked what my rate will be after the intro peiriod.  She checked and said it would be 18.99% - I askedif that rate coul be reduced.  She said I would have to call back once the new rate started in early May.  I then askedif there wereany SP CLI offers and she indicated no - any CLI would bea HP.  I declined.  I will call back once the interest rate commences.

Sorry it didn't work out for you but give a try about once a month or so. Or you could do as you said and wait until 0% APR goes away.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 222 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

I normally get increased at the six month mark, but this time it didn't happen so I called and within 1 minute the guy had processed it manually with a soft pull. It was due on the 17th, I called the 19th. Received a nice cli, my largest one so far and Barclays for me sits at 20k now between two cards.
Message 223 of 503
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I normally get increased at the six month mark, but this time it didn't happen so I called and within 1 minute the guy had processed it manually with a soft pull. It was due on the 17th, I called the 19th. Received a nice cli, my largest one so far and Barclays for me sits at 20k now between two cards.

how big of CLI was it, if you don't mind sharing?

Message 224 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

$5k. The most I've received from them was $2,300 last time and it was upgraded to a world MC. This card started with $1,300 1.5 years ago and a score of 545, now sitting at $15k and a Tu score of 651 from Barclays site, but 676 on myfico. Hope it helps.

Last year I put about $40k through it according to my 2014 statement.
Message 225 of 503
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
$5k. The most I've received from them was $2,300 last time and it was upgraded to a world MC. This card started with $1,300 1.5 years ago and a score of 545, now sitting at $15k and a Tu score of 651 from Barclays site, but 676 on myfico. Hope it helps.

Last year I put about $40k through it according to my 2014 statement.

Thanks, quite a bit of spend you did last year.. I really only use mine for gas/groceries and ocassinal amazon.. So not much spend in comparison

Message 226 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

My spend with them has and will continue to drop dramatically. Although I got them to lower my Apr to 18.99, is nowhere near the other recent Apr I've received from amex and nfcu plus the rewards program is not as lucrative as amex and discover.

I'll remain eternally grateful to barclays, they've been very good to me. Recently lowered my Apr on both cards and cli are consistent.
Message 227 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rewards Master Card opened in Decemember 2014 @ 5k limit.. 

April (first week) - PC'd to Arrival

4/20- Called to ask for APR reduction (19.99-18.99) and a soft CLI, of $2k.  

So, 5 months 5k-7k

Message 228 of 503
masscredit
Valued Contributor

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to wait for my score to update on their site before I call. A few people have posted that the scores update every 10 weeks. Most of mine have updated in 8 weeks. Usually on the 19th which is a few days after my statement closes. It's the evening of the 20th and I'm watching like a little kid looking for Santa. Maybe the extra 8 points won't matter. The last score that they show is 668. Walmart has been reporting my TU at 676 so that's what it should be when it updates. I'll be calling as soon as that happens. My Apple card's last increase was 4/24/14. That went to $8500. I then took $2500. of that to get my Rewards card so dropped to $6K.  Got a SP CLI to $8K when I called to swap limits on November 21st. The 6 month point for that card should be the end of next month. I'm thinking maybe things got screwed up when I swapped limits? I guess the easiest way to look at it is the $2500 limit hasn't changed since I got it in May of last year. The other limit has grown. 

I'm just going to straight out ask when I call. It can't hurt and they are there to help.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 229 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How long have you had an open account with Barclay? 02/02/2015

What date did you get a soft pull CLI? 03/25/2015

Was this your first CLI with Barclay or not? Yes

(If you want to include this: How much % was the increase?) 23.5%

Congratulations! Did you call in for this or was it auto? Either way, nice bump in CL!

I called after reading this thread! So Thank Youuu!!!!

PS: No go on the APR reduction

You are so welcome, even if I created this thread out of my own selfish intentions. Smiley Very Happy 

I accept Kudos, Thank You's, and or a car wash! 

I'd try for the APR reduction in 6-7 months! Keep it going!

I called after reading this, got a APR reduction and a credit for the int paid last month. The Analyst said you have made all your payments on time so thank you. 

Message 230 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.