Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The BarclayCard CLI Soft Pull thread

My Apple Visa with $2000 SL will be 6 months old in a few days.  Should I call and try to get an APR reduction and CLI?  

The reason I'm hesitant is I have gotten a lot of inquiries and new accounts since I got the card.  Maybe I should stay under their radar and leave well enough alone?  The thing is, they just sent me an 18 months no interest deal, and I would consider using it if I had a higher limit and it wouldn't ruin my utilization.  Right now, I just have a $300 utility bill auto paid with it, and I never use it otherwise.

Message 441 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Apple Visa with $2000 SL will be 6 months old in a few days.  Should I call and try to get an APR reduction and CLI?  

The reason I'm hesitant is I have gotten a lot of inquiries and new accounts since I got the card.  Maybe I should stay under their radar and leave well enough alone?  The thing is, they just sent me an 18 months no interest deal, and I would consider using it if I had a higher limit and it wouldn't ruin my utilization.  Right now, I just have a $300 utility bill auto paid with it, and I never use it otherwise.

I would wait and see..I am sure you'll get a CLI. If not, call them after the statement cuts and see what they can do for you. 

Message 442 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called just for fun today! I pay my Carr before the statement cuts. Only use for 5% categories. Got an Apr reduction to 10.24% and FINALLY a sp increase from $5000 to $7500 Smiley Wink
Message 443 of 503
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I was wondering... when we call in and they say there is an offer available for a SP CLI.  Why don't they automatically apply that to the account? A lot of other accounts increase on their own.  Barclay accounts sometimes do too. I'm thinking the increase should just be applied if it's there.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 444 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masscredit wrote:

I was wondering... when we call in and they say there is an offer available for a SP CLI.  Why don't they automatically apply that to the account? A lot of other accounts increase on their own.  Barclay accounts sometimes do too. I'm thinking the increase should just be applied if it's there.

SO, once again I called the BD number asked for a Superinadvisor and asked for a APR reduction and a SP CLI and was told that they wont do a self initiated SP CLI, what the hell am I missing here?

Message 445 of 503
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I called earlier to ask about an APR reduction.  The person that I talked to sounded like he was in a far off country. Went though the basic questions then was told that they can't lower my APR at this time. I wasn't transferred to anyone else. I then asked if there were any financing or SP CLI offers available.  He told me I could go onto their website to try for an increase. So... I didn't make any progress. 

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 446 of 503
tussking
Established Contributor

I am about to hit 6 months myself and wonder...
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 447 of 503
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I thought about calling back but each call is probably logged so I didn't want to ask for the same thing then have the rep see that I called 10 minutes before.  At this point I think I'll wait to see if it grows on it's own.

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 448 of 503
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW:

On 2/24/2016 I got a Barclay Rewards MC, $2,500 SL, TU FICO 703

I attempted to recon the SL but no luck at that time

I just got my CC statement and it shows a $4K CLI bringing my total limit for this card to $6.5K

TU FICO is around 712 now

I charge about $1,2000 every month on this card

I don't have a current TU report that shows SP's so I'm not 100% sure they did an SP. It certainly was not an HP, since I did not initiate the CLI request. It was pretty much automatic.

Best of luck all!

Message 449 of 503
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Called number on back of Priceline card (the "backcard number")...asked for rate reduction, got transferred from West Punjab Province back to stateside.

Got rate reductions of 3-4% on Priceline and Sallie Mae. From 20-ish down to 17-ish on both. Also got half the Priceline AF refunded, they wouldn't cut it altogether.

Asked about "any other offers such as limit raise", got from 3 to 4 thousand on both, about a 30% CLI.

First time I have tried this, and it worked well. Will try again in 6 months or so.

Message 450 of 503
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.