tag
DCole3g
New Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

Starting CL: 6,000

Requested: 18,000

Countered: 10,200

Congratulations!
Your request to increase your line of credit to $10,200 has been approved and will be available for use within 15 minutes.

Your New Line of Credit Information:
New Line of Credit:$10,200
Message 731 of 5,432
1eyebandit
Valued Member

@DCole3g wrote:

Starting CL: 6,000

Requested: 18,000

Countered: 10,200

Congratulations!
Your request to increase your line of credit to $10,200 has been approved and will be available for use within 15 minutes.

Your New Line of Credit Information:
New Line of Credit:$10,200

Did you do this online?  I was curious if they counter you offer online?

Thanks,

Message 732 of 5,432
DCole3g
New Contributor

Yes, I did this online. 

Message 733 of 5,432
boomersooner02000
Valued Member

I just received an email from Amex that they increased my limit automatically by $2400 and lowered my apr. Can i still request an increase after the 120 day mark from MY last requested increase?

Message 734 of 5,432
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

I was recently approved for the EveryDay and the HHonors card. Can anyone clarify if I can request 3x CLIs at the 61 day mark for each of the cards?

I haven't read this whole thread, but in some places people say the "6 months since last CLI" rule applies only to individual products, while in other places people say it applies to the cardmember, not to the particular product. Has any resolution on this been reached?

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 735 of 5,432
12njoy
Super Contributor

It's per customer, across all accounts, once at 61 days. Then six months or if denied, then in 90 days.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 736 of 5,432
bfranklin825
Valued Member

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

I was recently approved for the EveryDay and the HHonors card. Can anyone clarify if I can request 3x CLIs at the 61 day mark for each of the cards?

I haven't read this whole thread, but in some places people say the "6 months since last CLI" rule applies only to individual products, while in other places people say it applies to the cardmember, not to the particular product. Has any resolution on this been reached?

It has always been cardmember for me... when you think about it, why would AMEX look at only one single card when making a judgement on how much credit to extend you - the cardmember? When they have access to all of your cards with them, why wouldn't they use that to determnine how much credit they want to extend?

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 737 of 5,432
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

@bfranklin825 wrote:

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

It has always been cardmember for me... when you think about it, why would AMEX look at only one single card when making a judgement on how much credit to extend you - the cardmember? When they have access to all of your cards with them, why wouldn't they use that to determnine how much credit they want to extend?

I have no disagreement with the logic for making it cardmember rather than product. I was just trying to see what the rule actually was.

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 738 of 5,432
bu08usc11
New Visitor

Quick question: I'd like to avoid an FR for now and I know going over 25k can do that. I have a BCP that was approved for 11k. the 61 day is coming up to request the 3x CLI. Should I just request 25k or should I ask for 33k and see what happens? Will the first time going to that cause the FR?

Also, I have a payment due a few days before the 3x, I will pay it in full as I do all my cards. But do I need to pay off the current balance in full (i.e. statement balance + new charges) or just the statement balance? My balance if I pay off just the full statement will be around 800-1k of the 11k limit.

Message 739 of 5,432
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@bu08usc11 wrote:

Quick question: I'd like to avoid an FR for now and I know going over 25k can do that. I have a BCP that was approved for 11k. the 61 day is coming up to request the 3x CLI. Should I just request 25k or should I ask for 33k and see what happens? Will the first time going to that cause the FR?

Also, I have a payment due a few days before the 3x, I will pay it in full as I do all my cards. But do I need to pay off the current balance in full (i.e. statement balance + new charges) or just the statement balance? My balance if I pay off just the full statement will be around 800-1k of the 11k limit.

Amex can request income docs at any CL, the $25k has been a guide but it is not set in stone

Message 740 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.