Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

i currently have 18k cl and  planning for my next CLI. Do you mean documentation is required when reaching 25K, so I may be better off to ask for 24.5k total CL. Or it's ok to increase to 25k, just not go above

Message 61 of 5,432
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:
I got Amex Delta on Dec 2 last year and requested for a CLI right after a few days. As expected, they declined my request saying that their policy doesn't allow them to CLI before 60 days. My question is when would I be eligible for 61 day 3X CLI? After 60 days from Dec 2nd or from the date I got declined?

I shared a lot of datapoints in the previous page which addresses this same question. Also there is a point in OP about this very situation, but I admit it should have been worded better and I will be rewording it. I planned on editing the OP last weekend but I am testing a CLI tomorrow and have several updates planned to go at the same time.

You can reapply after the original and correct 60day/6month timeline.

Also make sure you are getting the correct "Date Opened" for your Delta Amex following ways outlined in the OP. You say that you "got" the Amex Delta "On Dec 2" which has very little to do with the correct 1st CLI eligibility date.

Message 62 of 5,432
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@pastnow123 wrote:

i currently have 18k cl and  planning for my next CLI. Do you mean documentation is required when reaching 25K, so I may be better off to ask for 24.5k total CL. Or it's ok to increase to 25k, just not go above

It's okay to increase to 25k, just not over.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 63 of 5,432
westcoastpirate
Contributor

I will request my first 3x CLI in 9 days! I'm pretty excited, I just hope it gets approved.
Message 64 of 5,432
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Amex did a hard pull on Experian when I requested my 60 day CLI on my BCP.  I saw it on the report.  I did get the CLI though.  It was from 2000 to 6000.

Message 65 of 5,432
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@koalablue wrote:

Amex did a hard pull on Experian when I requested my 60 day CLI on my BCP.  I saw it on the report.  I did get the CLI though.  It was from 2000 to 6000.

I'm guessing this falls into the <1% marginal/borderline category, much like they do for approval denials where occasionally it does happen.

Knock on wood they don't make a habit of it heh, though I'll find out in another 59 days or thereabouts myself.

        
Message 66 of 5,432
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thanks OP for this nice guide.  In about a month I  will have reached my 61 days and now I would like to get your advice.  Amex gave me 5K initial CL for the BCP and I do not know if I really shall go ahead and ask for 15K?  The reason is that I have gone through an application spree in November and Amex was the last app after 4 hard pulls. To my surprise they gave me 5K after CapOne 5k, Discover 2,5K and Chase 4K... all brand new accounts and most not even reporting yet. What should I do? Wait for 6 - 12 months or simply go for the gamble? 

Message 67 of 5,432
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Why not go for it? Worse they can do is a counteroffer or a decline (with a SP).

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 68 of 5,432
slippy84
Contributor

So is the maximum you should request exactly $25k or is it $24999?
US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 69 of 5,432
Joesh
New Contributor

So I'm at day 61 now (CSR told me account open was Nov. 26). And my screen looks like this:

Do I need to wait until Monday you think?

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 70 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.