Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
vn25
Valued Member

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

So as I understand 25K is the magic number....I just got approved for 9k right off the bat....so 61 days later I'll do the online form or call and ask for 25k...but the question is (I'm getting mixed answers by reading online) should I do 25k flat or 24,999?

Message 231 of 5,432
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Lambo23 wrote:
@dodgerlv

My 61 day mark is may 30th too! Good luck to you!

thanks Lambo! good luck to you also! Will not be bummed if i do get turned down cuz i know i have opened 3 accounts since getting my BCP,

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 232 of 5,432
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@wwtthhpp wrote:

I tried on day 60 last week with my Costco Amex and was given the "We'll reply in 7-10 days" message.  I was advised by the board to try again on Sunday/Monday of this week for the 3x CLI and was given the same message.

Any advice on what's going on in my situation?

I hope you meant Day 61.

Very difficult to say what is going on unless you share some of your key stats like scores, util, income etc. 7-10 days is a generic message for additional review most of the time. 

Message 233 of 5,432
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@vn25 wrote:

So as I understand 25K is the magic number....I just got approved for 9k right off the bat....so 61 days later I'll do the online form or call and ask for 25k...but the question is (I'm getting mixed answers by reading online) should I do 25k flat or 24,999?

Actually has been answered in the OP and other posts. The probability of 4506T increases for requests OVER 25k, meaning 25001 and above. Obviously this isn't actually a magic number and totally anecdotal. If you have other credit cards with Amex, then overall exposure also becomes a factor. Also you cannot request 24999. I believe the online interface and phone mention that it has to be multiple of 10.

There is no hard and fast rule or a magic number. If your income and credit profile support it, you could go for the full 27k without a request for 4506T too. 

Message 234 of 5,432
Blurbz
Contributor

Worked for me today!  $2,000 --> $6,000.

Quick and painless on the phone.  I didn't bother paying down my balances on either my BCE (it was roughly 400/2000) or my PRG (roughly 1200) because I didn't want to get into the habit of playing "games" with Amex.  If they like my normal usage enough to give me an increase, great--if they didn't, I wasn't going to lose any sleep over it.  The automated system was fast and easy and my request was approved on the line.  Got the confirmation email before hanging up the phone.  Very pleased: Amex has been nothing but good to me since I got it in March.

Message 235 of 5,432
Wahoo
Valued Member

I understand being careful about requesting a CLI over $25k for one card but what if you have multiple Amex revolvers?  Is there a total amount of CL across multiple cards which triggers additional docs?

EX08: 832 (myFICO 10/07/14)
TU08: 806 (Walmart/MC 05/06/15)
TU08: 834 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ08: 830 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ04: 809 (Digital Credit Union 05/29/15)
Message 236 of 5,432
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Hey guys, I just joined today to ask this question lol. That said, I'm college student that was just approved for BCE.. Could I do this? My credit is good (720+ for TU and EP; not sure about EF). The income i indicated during the app is 30k/ yr (fin aid + grants + part time work)

Thanks!!

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 237 of 5,432
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enxinas wrote:

Hey guys, I just joined today to ask this question lol. That said, I'm college student that was just approved for BCE.. Could I do this? My credit is good (720+ for TU and EP; not sure about EF). The income i indicated during the app is 30k/ yr (fin aid + grants + part time work)

Thanks!!

Yes you can you will be eligible 61 days from approval good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 238 of 5,432
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

Thanks!!

Awesome, thanks! I'm just worried about the tax form (if they ask me about it..)

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 239 of 5,432
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

Thanks!!

Awesome, thanks! I'm just worried about the tax form (if they ask me about it..)

Most people it only happens to if you ask for more than the $24,999 but anything under seems to be ok YMMV 

and excuse my manners

Welcome to the forum

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 240 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.