Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
ritfulyso
New Visitor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I just requested the 3X CLI after having AMEX Blue Cash Preferred for 63 days and it was accepted....thanks for the information

Message 291 of 5,432
KausticRage
New Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

Just got some Luv from the button Smiley Very Happy

Initial CL: $9000
61 day/181 day CLI: $16000 increase
Amex Utilization @ CLI: 0.9%
Overall Utilization @ Last EX Soft Pull: 9%
Number of new credit lines opened since opening Amex account or last Amex CLI: 1 Recent Auto Loan but not reported yet but two HP's did report yesterday

Request increase to $25K and it was instant Approval.  I activated the card on 4/19 when I first received it and have had a ~500 (taking advantage of 0%) balance on it since 5/25.

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 292 of 5,432
tjrssibelle
Valued Member

@KausticRage wrote:

@Anonymous Utilization @ CLI: 0.9%
@Overall Utilization @ Last EX Soft Pull: 9%
Number of new credit lines opened since opening Amex account or last Amex CLI: 1 Recent Auto Loan but not reported yet but two HP's did report yesterday

Request increase to $25K and it was instant Approval.  I activated the card on 4/19 when I first received it and have had a ~500 (taking advantage of 0%) balance on it since 5/25.

Congrats!

Would mind sharing this? "Ratio of Income/(Overall Available Credit) (4 decimal places)"

Gardening as of 9/6/13
Message 293 of 5,432
derek4484
New Visitor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

I was issued an Amex Gold Delta Skymiles Card on 5/23/2013 with a $2k limit.  When it arrived in the mail it stated that they used a FICO score to determine eligibility and that my FICO score was 698.  I've used the card some but always pay it down each week.  I currently have a balance of about $350 on it.  I just applied for a 3X CLI since its been about 63 or 64 days since its been opened.  I used the automated telephone system.  I was denied.  It stated that a letter will be mailed to me in 7-10 days.  The reason was that my Amex card risk score was bad or something to that effect.

Message 294 of 5,432
derek4484
New Visitor

I was issued an Amex Gold Delta Skymiles Card on 5/23/2013 with a $2k limit.  When it arrived in the mail it stated that they used a FICO score to determine eligibility and that my FICO score was 698.  I've used the card some but always pay it down each week.  I currently have a balance of about $350 on it.  I just applied for a 3X CLI since its been about 63 or 64 days since its been opened.  I used the automated telephone system.  I was denied.  It stated that a letter will be mailed to me in 7-10 days.  The reason was that my Amex card risk score was bad or something to that effect.

Message 295 of 5,432
Layered
Established Member

Amex BCE, $9,200 to $24,500, instant approval

Does this mean that I need to wait 90 more days before I have to settle with the final credit limit of $25,000?

Initial CL: $9,200
61 day/181 day CLI: $15,300 (112 days)
Amex Utilization @ CLI: 0.1% (it was 5% last month)
Overall Utilization @ Last EX Soft Pull: 2%
Income to overall available credit: roughly 1:3
Number of new credit lines opened since opening Amex account or last Amex CLI: 7 (opened all 7 credit cards the same day I got Amex BCE)
Total $$ value of all transactions since Amex account opening or last Amex CLI: around $1,500, haven't used any cash reward

Message 296 of 5,432
KausticRage
New Contributor

@tjrssibelle wrote:

@KausticRage wrote:

@Anonymous Utilization @ CLI: 0.9%
@Overall Utilization @ Last EX Soft Pull: 9%

Congrats!

Would mind sharing this? "Ratio of Income/(Overall Available Credit) (4 decimal places)"

With new CLI 1.0068

Before CLI 0.6943

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 297 of 5,432
westcoastpirate
Contributor

Boom! Just got some incredible LUV from Amex!!!

Initial CL: $2K
61 day/181 day: 61 day $6K/181 day (today) $18K
Amex Utilization @ CLI: 17%
Overall Utilization @ Last EX Soft Pull: No idea
Ratio of Income/(Overall Available Credit) (4 decimal places): 0.3591
Number of new credit lines opened since opening Amex account or last Amex CLI: 0
Total $$ value of all transactions since Amex account opening or last Amex CLI: $7K
Message 298 of 5,432
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Not sure if this has been mentioned before: but your account creation date is also coded into a string of numbers on the paper where the card(s) are attached when you receive it in the mail.

I'd take a picture, but I'm not sure exactly what the other numbers represent and would rather not have it out in the public forum in case someone is able to decipher it! Part of it looks like partial account numbers! :X

But anyways, when you receive your card(s) in the mail, right above where the cards are pasted on should be a line of numbers, above the first folded crease in the letter. As you make your way through them, it should read similar to this:

0002222 0002222 (3333333333) 0002222 (3333333332) 08/06/13 0000BOR0000000000 NEW ACCOUNT 2

This date for me matched the date you can find online before the first statement cuts as described in the thread!

Just a "quicker" way to figure out your member since date; saves the extra step of logging into the account just figure this piece of information out!

Message 299 of 5,432
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I looked at my letter, and it says 8/8/2013 but when i called in a gentleman said 8/7/2013

Message 300 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.